If you were going to buy a brand new light for your reef RIGHT NOW, which one would you get?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try any high end led lights but would probably get some more @Kessil maybe just replace the 4 we with x"s, or AP"s or 500's but I think I'm good for now :oops:
20210724_185538.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not long bought 2 x Orphek Atlantics and 2 blue plus light bars. I would buy the same or possibly AI Stratons. Any light would have to be panel lights. Had Radions and Hydras in the past but moved away from puck lights to the Orpheks. You cant beat the coverage and reduced shading of panel lights something the puck type lights still lag behind with.

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i could borrow Stewie’s time machine, Radion G4 Pro XR 30s. If i cant get the time machine, twice the amount of G5 XR15s.

ToadallyNC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new tank and going with an LED T5 hybrid. I bought the Aquatic Life Hybrid. Will be using the Kessil AP9x along with T5’s.

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably reef breeders. Need to get away from the crazy prices. Something off Amazon? What is cheapest, with good controllable features, with excellent warranty and customer support at best price? That should really be the question.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably Kessils or something that works in the Apex Neptune universe I’m happy with myAI primes also so that brand also gets my vote … Hydra 32’s or whatever the latest incarnation

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see any reason to change my decision to purchase Mitras

Discovery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new build replacing 4 AI Vegas on a Marineland DD250 (getting nervous about tank seals) with a Glass Cages 72x30x24 and 3 Radion XR30 G5 Pro. Have the Radions on the DD250 (new tank not ready yet) and while still in acclimation mode, after only 1 month coral growth and coloring (on the few I have) has been incredible. I’m hoping 3 Radions are sufficient for the longer tank.

Jsgreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would replace my 3 Kessil A360X with 3 Kessil A500X. Absolutely stunning visually with a well blended spectrum.

Jsgreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would replace my 3 Kessil A360X with 3 Kessil A500X. Absolutely Stunning visually and well blended spectrum.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not long bought 2 x Orphek Atlantics and 2 blue plus light bars. I would buy the same or possibly AI Stratons. Any light would have to be panel lights. Had Radions and Hydras in the past but moved away from puck lights to the Orpheks. You cant beat the coverage and reduced shading of panel lights something the puck type lights still lag behind with.
I'm happy with my two primes, but I would absolutely follow the panel trend moving forward. I agree, there's too much to gain with the increased coverage and reduced shadowing. That being said, I have no clue which one I'd choose! Hopefully we see more and more quality options come to market.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy with my two primes, but I would absolutely follow the panel trend moving forward. I agree, there's too much to gain with the increased coverage and reduced shadowing. That being said, I have no clue which one I'd choose! Hopefully we see more and more quality options come to market.
Fair enough but you can't compare primes to Atlantic's. What matters is that you and your tank are happy with what you have.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back