If you were going to buy a brand new light for your reef RIGHT NOW, which one would you get?

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im upgrading from a 30x12x12 to a 36x18x16, currently running 3 kessil a160we's. I'm going to upgrade the lights as I want some uv. Torn between two reefi uno's and a reefbreders 32 v2. I'm worried about discoball with the reefbreeders, and intrigued by all the uv the uno has.

Fishinabarrel

sCiEncE wILl Win
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were going to buy a brand new light for your reef RIGHT NOW, which one would you get? Why?
I would go to Instagram, Find Telegraham and read through his old posts. And decide based on what I found there.
At the moment, that would probably mean I would end up with a Reefi light based on recent posts.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders Photon 24-v2+ gets the job done for me. RBTA's love this light and I don't have worry about my lense melting. Even better it comes with it's own mount. I almost went for a Prime 16HD but melting lens scared me off and it feels inferior in comparison to the Reefbreeders. Would say the new Orbit R24 should make competition for Prime 16HD, spec wise they are pretty close for tiny nano lights. I couldn't see lighting my 3' wide 30 gallon with a tiny piece of plastic with a handful of leds crammed together.

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went with dalua illumagic blaze x and the vitamini strip on my new tank. Love the light spread is awesome great price point. Thinking about replacing my ai prime 16 on my wb 2 with the blaze mini.

AnemoneFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are working on a budget and need something very powerful that works, the viperspectra works for me..I just bought another one for a nano supernova tank. I have 2 on my 65 gallon and only at 30% blues and 1% white out of 100%

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am actually getting a new light for my new 200x80x65cm tank build, a giesemann aurora v8 1500.
I have the original aurora over my current tank and the upgraded version looks sweet with 1000w of umpf hehe

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI 8 bulb T5's with reef brite, or reef breeders supplements.

You guys can keep all your fancy LED's and their fancy setting on your phone. Lights are one of those things you set and forget. I don't get the app on your phone as a selling point? Lights are set and forget, what do you need a phone app for?

T5's just plain grow coral with no fancy settings. Just straight up on and off. Couldn't be easier.

I would stay away from T5s there on there way out. Do your own research if you don't believe me. The UK has already started to ban then. Because of the materials that are in them.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running Orphek Atlantik and OR3 bars. They are terrific. I'd just get the newest version, but definitely would stick with Orphek. Great products!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back