If you were to put a REEF RELATED TATTOO on your body, it would be [what] ?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely respect all the personal reasons people have for getting inked or not getting inked, but darlin’, there’s no such thing as an age limit for doing things that bring joy to yourself.

I wish more people thought this way. Best... Self-care... Ever...

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I just lost my Tailspot, Marvin, last month and have been pretty devastated. I very much loved that dumb little fish and his antics. Have been planning to get a tattoo of him based off the photo in my avatar.

Separately, I'm worried my well-behaved clowns will start to get territorial so want to add another fish sooner rather than later. Anyone have any thoughts on or experience w/fang blennies? A good idea or no?

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! I think I recognize your screen name from PNWMAS?
Yep. I’m a dues paid lurker over there. :D I keep wanting to go to one of the meetings but I’m socially awkward on the best of days and live two hours out in the mountains from PDX area so I keep justifying denying myself the pleasure of meeting y’all in person.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I just lost my Tailspot, Marvin, last month and have been pretty devastated. I very much loved that dumb little fish and his antics. Have been planning to get a tattoo of him based off the photo in my avatar.

Separately, I'm worried my well-behaved clowns will start to get territorial so want to add another fish sooner rather than later. Anyone have any thoughts on or experience w/fang blennies? A good idea or no?
I have had fanged blennies. I think they would work and you could get more than 1. They do not have the endearing personalities of tailspot, bi-color or barnacle blennies however.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had fanged blennies. I think they would work and you could get more than 1. They do not have the endearing personalities of tailspot, bi-color or barnacle blennies however.
I think I'm okay with that mostly b/c I'd like to go captive-bred this time around -- looking at biota's forktail blenny. I didn't really understand the difference when I got the tailspot, but now that I do I feel a little better about keeping fish by going that route. The clowns are captive-bred and I've had them since they were pretty small -- they do seem to have been much better adapted from day 1, though the tailspot did well once he had some friends and began to feel more confident. I only had him 1.5 yrs tho before he seemed to just fail, and that feels too short.

Still getting a tattoo of good old Marv tho! He was my favorite for sure.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm okay with that mostly b/c I'd like to go captive-bred this time around -- looking at biota's forktail blenny. I didn't really understand the difference when I got the tailspot, but now that I do I feel a little better about keeping fish by going that route. The clowns are captive-bred and I've had them since they were pretty small -- they do seem to have been much better adapted from day 1, though the tailspot did well once he had some friends and began to feel more confident. I only had him 1.5 yrs tho before he seemed to just fail, and that feels too short.

Still getting a tattoo of good old Marv tho! He was my favorite for sure.
I have considered getting a fork tailed blenny myself. It will probably hang in the upper third of the tank if it's like the striped blennies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back