If you were to put a REEF RELATED TATTOO on your body, it would be [what] ?

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C4DC87A2-CBCD-4EE5-9561-13E93FC72B1B.jpeg

63553164-3620-4E96-AD2E-5604B6E06E6E.jpeg
0579A322-5BD5-41CE-AFCD-293CC580E1B0.jpeg

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a clown in a nem. . . classic

If the artist could pull off photo realism maybe just a picture of my favorite or most special coral.
My picture, my arm. Picture just after I found out my brother past just watching my tank thinking how peaceful they are.
Booked the tat after a reef show that year. They had a tattoo artist that only does ocean and space tats.

20190612_173351.jpg image.jpg

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My picture, my arm. Picture just after I found out my brother past just watching my tank thinking how peaceful they are.
Booked the tat after a reef show that year. They had a tattoo artist that only does ocean and space tats.
I have a few memorial tattoos. This really resonated.

One of my uncles has the SF Bay tattooed on his leg, at night, going from beneath the Golden Gate Bridge (complete with a Garibaldi in the kelp forest) all the way to the sky at night. I always love that tie in between space and ocean. The two greatest unknowns right before our eyes. Out of curiosity, what was the tattooists’ name?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few memorial tattoos. This really resonated.

One of my uncles has the SF Bay tattooed on his leg, at night, going from beneath the Golden Gate Bridge (complete with a Garibaldi in the kelp forest) all the way to the sky at night. I always love that tie in between space and ocean. The two greatest unknowns right before our eyes. Out of curiosity, what was the tattooists’ name?
Alex Vidaud at Staghorn studio in Hartford.

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so young anymore and I prefer not to put new creatures on my old body. But if I did do a reef tattoo it would be of my seahorses that I used to have.
I’m over the hill and I struggled a while over whether or not I wanted more ink. Decided screw it, at least the elasticity is already where it’s going to be at and at this point in life, I’m kinda invisible to society as a little old lady anyways. Ultimately I realized that the reasons I got tattooed were selfish in the best of ways, because ink isn’t for other people, it’s for me. I definitely respect all the personal reasons people have for getting inked or not getting inked, but darlin’, there’s no such thing as an age limit for doing things that bring joy to yourself.

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimately I realized that the reasons I got tattooed were selfish in the best of ways, because ink isn’t for other people, it’s for me.
Agreed! I think I recognize your screen name from PNWMAS?

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my whole Small-In-One adventure works out, I've been thinking about a dual scene with my favorite freshwater fish (Cardinal Tetra) and my favorite Zoa (Rasta). Maybe with a small scene blending a planted tank with a reefscape.

I might be waiting awhile, though--I had a bad reaction to my last piece last month and I'm worried I might be developing a sensitivity to colored ink. I think I need to let the immune system relax a bit.

Back