if you where tank shoping for a FOWLR what would you get?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I am really thinking about a 180-300 tank for a FOWLR

I want to do a butterfly angel and tang tank. mostly butterflies and other coral eater I cant keep in my reef.

I have been tank shopping for the last few days. dreaming at the top of my list is the WB 220.6 think it big enough for a true FOWLR?
the PNP set up are just hard to beet in value.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree my 1st thoughts where 8' min. length. but the shipping with those are alot harder as you can get it right to your place. so on top of tank price + shipping then its a few hr drive each way + trailer rental

that why I was thinking the WB 220.6. but I dont want to regret it in the future.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My butterfly tank is a 180. I ordered a 8 ft acrylic tank lastw winter. Yet to receive it but it's going to be too small. I tried to cancel the order but the guy told me he had just put it together. That was early 2021. I would have upgraded to a 10 ft tank. I have 7 butterflies and 4 more in qt. Add my yellow tang and bristle tooth tang and sundry other fish a 8 ft tank is getting crowded. One other thing, go as deep front to back as practicle I did 30 inches.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Acrylic Creations out of Butler PA. Tank, (96x24x30) steel stand, lids & delivery was about $4,500.

that is a good price. about what I was expecting to pay. did that include ship?
edit guess if I could read...haha nice that it included shipping.

My butterfly tank is a 180. I ordered a 8 ft acrylic tank lastw winter. Yet to receive it but it's going to be too small. I tried to cancel the order but the guy told me he had just put it together. That was early 2021. I would have upgraded to a 10 ft tank. I have 7 butterflies and 4 more in qt. Add my yellow tang and bristle tooth tang and sundry other fish a 8 ft tank is getting crowded. One other thing, go as deep front to back as practicle I did 30 inches.
wow last winter and still have yet to get it? I bet he just did not want to cancel the sale so told you that. did you tell him you wanted to go bigger =more $$ more him?

i'll have to swing by your thread its been quite a while since I been there.

I am thinking 96x30x25 311ish DT I hope to have:
1 large angle
1med angle
3x dwarf angles
5-6 butterflies
1 puffer
1 med wrasse
1 small wrasse
2-3 smaller fish
of course that all just in my head I have not but a serious fish list together yet.

Last edited:

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats, loved my time on island
Thanks! I'm loving it here! Trying to snorkel as much as possible and definitely getting inspiration for tanks at home!

Back to the OP, there is a show close to my house in Michigan that makes really nice Acrylic tanks, it's where I will order mine from. They're called Blue Thumb Aquatics, located in Saginaw Michigan. Ask for Jason. https://www.facebook.com/bluethumbretailstore/

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I finish veterinary school I will be ordering myself a 10x4x2.5

Cool which school? Ross University class of 2009 here

my lady went to pen state. be in practice since 06. every time I loose a fish I get " the look"

sadly I dont think I am gonna get a large FOWLR tank.
Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for an acrylic or glass tank? I ordered my FOWLR from Miracles Aquariums. I debated both and went for glass to avoid scratching. Mine is in my office so it will get more abuse than in a home.

I HIGHLY recommend Miracles. Glass is becoming hard to come by but they have Starphire glass in stock. Ask for Derek. He just delivered my 800g! Love it.

tank4.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for an acrylic or glass tank? I ordered my FOWLR from Miracles Aquariums. I debated both and went for glass to avoid scratching. Mine is in my office so it will get more abuse than in a home.

I HIGHLY recommend Miracles. Glass is becoming hard to come by but they have Starphire glass in stock. Ask for Derek. He just delivered my 800g! Love it.

tank4.jpg

I was gonna go with glass too. but not gonna happen right now :(

nice glad you got your tank i'll have to stop back by your thread to hear all about it.

Redmist7209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Custom Aquarium 96x24x24. It was like 2100 or 2200 shipped to my LFS. I had the package with their predrilled and overflow components. Very happy with it. I'm going for a similar stock list minus butterflies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back