If you've been waiting to become a supporting member...I've got 8 more reasons for you!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!!

Reef2Reef has been and always will be free to use for anyone. However, maybe you didn't know that you can upgrade your account by becoming a R2R Site Supporter!! There are lots of great perks (most of them are listed HERE)! However, a few you may not know about are that site supporters get extra entries in most all of our official R2R giveaways (including the Reef Chasers 40 Days of Reefsgiving Giveaway where you could win a Red Sea XL 525 reef system). Also, site supporters get extra upgrades in our new classifieds system (you can read the classifieds rules and see the benefits to being a supporter HERE).

Lastly, we're doing some extra giveaways this month for our site supporters, and we've still got 8 (Yep! EIGHT!!) prizes to be drawn!! If you're a supporter already, you can find that exclusive giveaway HERE! If you'd like to become a supporter today, you can upgrade your account HERE!!

Happy reefing, everyone!!!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!!

Reef2Reef has been and always will be free to use for anyone. However, maybe you didn't know that you can upgrade your account by becoming a R2R Site Supporter!! There are lots of great perks (most of them are listed HERE)! However, a few you may not know about are that site supporters get extra entries in most all of our official R2R giveaways (including the Reef Chasers 40 Days of Reefsgiving Giveaway where you could win a Red Sea XL 525 reef system). Also, site supporters get extra upgrades in our new classifieds system (you can read the classifieds rules and see the benefits to being a supporter HERE).

Lastly, we're doing some extra giveaways this month for our site supporters, and we've still got 8 (Yep! EIGHT!!) prizes to be drawn!! If you're a supporter already, you can find that exclusive giveaway HERE! If you'd like to become a supporter today, you can upgrade your account HERE!!

How long does it take for the upgrade to get updated on my account? Would have thought they would have at least updated before the drawing yesterday since the winner was announced in forum that we cant even see until our account is upgraded.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long does it take for the upgrade to get updated on my account? Would have thought they would have at least updated before the drawing yesterday since the winner was announced in forum that we cant even see until our account is upgraded.

Got you upgraded! You joined though in time so you were entered into the Monday drawing for sure! I am sorry it takes a couple days, at times, to get the accounts upgraded!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, you were referring to partner membership. Supporting membership is a different thing. Just clarifying. :)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly I really don't see any real advantages in that list of perks, especially if you're outside the US.
I'm not sure I follow. Most of the perks listed at the link (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/) are upgrades to your online experience here. Also, I know that the livestock giveaways are limited to the US (due to CITES), but did you know that international members can participate in most of our equipment giveaways and would only need to pay to have the prize shipped if you win? HTH! Happy reefing!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!!

What is the difference between a partner membership and a supporting membership?

tomboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I follow. Most of the perks listed at the link (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/) are upgrades to your online experience here. Also, I know that the livestock giveaways are limited to the US (due to CITES), but did you know that international members can participate in most of our equipment giveaways and would only need to pay to have the prize shipped if you win? HTH! Happy reefing!
The problem is that none of the perks and upgrades listed in the link are anything I'm bothered about to begin with. Also - once you factor in the postage costs and import costs to Europe, most of the giveaways are no longer giveaways and you would be better off just buying the product from Amazon. I have only ever seen one giveaway that was worth entering from Europe tbh.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!!

Do the benefits include us great white north residents?

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a supporting member outranks a partner member?
Eh, I don’t really think it’s a “ranking” system. With partner members, you get cool swag and tickets to be entered into a lot of giveaways. You also can change the color of your name and put links in your sig. With a supporting member, you get no swag, but the ability to change the color of your name, edit posts immediately, put links in your signature, etc.

I guess a good way of putting it is that a partner member is a beefed up version of a supporting member. ;)

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My justification was I visit the site everyday to read and be entertained. I got a hat and a shirt and know I am supporting the forum to continue giving me information and entertainment for $100 a year which is cheap fun imo.
Also i won a $100 coral gift card because of it so it really paid off haha

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, I don’t really think it’s a “ranking” system. With partner members, you get cool swag and tickets to be entered into a lot of giveaways. You also can change the color of your name and put links in your sig. With a supporting member, you get no swag, but the ability to change the color of your name, edit posts immediately, put links in your signature, etc.

I guess a good way of putting it is that a partner member is a beefed up version of a supporting member. ;)
That’s what I was trying to say. Thanks. Really don’t even want the swag. I was just happy to support this community.

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please add my profile/account to the partnership upgrade. I paid over a week ago and still haven't had access. Where is the access to the partnership member only page fourm?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back