OP
illdoya

illdoya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank update!

Hello again everyone! been working pretty hard on this tank and I wanted to share some progress :)

I haven't added any livestock since the last update just re-did some rock work, added a surface skimmer and custom media basket to my AC70, added chemi-pure elite to the assorted filter media and added 27.5w of LED strips (mostly 455nm but 1 strip of violet just to try).

The changes have really made in a difference to me in the look of the tank which im definitely pleased with. I've been trying to take a hands-off approach and not mess with the life in the tank,and its been going well. It seems to help maintain the stability of everything (duh! :)) along with routinely scheduled maintenance.

here is my latest FTS, please let me know what you think!

21zif7.jpg

OP
OP
illdoya

illdoya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i added an LED fixture - nothing special but it is a bit too powerful :( got off craigslist - 90W reef-smart non-dimmable LED; 2 switches, 1 blue, 1 white.

its 9" from the water level right now, only blue, 8hr photo period. Tank is only a 10g, so about 10" tall all together...

keep moving it up? Leptastrea wasnt looking too good, neither was my chalice or candy canes :( only running blue.

n5k7zo.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back