OP
Quokka

Quokka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank, very similar to mine. I have heard that sexy shrimp like to much on corals, have you seen that?
Thank you! I've come across that as well during my research. Never really had an issue with my old tank and my current tank only has a single acro in it. Hoping that the it won't be an issue if I keep them well fed - albeit I've been away from my tank due to travel quite a bit the last 2 weeks.

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy shrimp will definitely go after soft corals, LPS, acans especially in my experience; they don't traditionally go after SPS, at least from what I have seen in the past keeping them.

OP
OP
Quokka

Quokka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, thanks for the continued interest! Lots has happened in the last few months (personal and tank related) that really dampened my stoke to post. Here's a quick and dirty current FTS shot with my phone with no filter (I really need to get one, really struggling to get the white balance right...)

Notable new additions:
CB Maleficent acro
TGC Cherry bomb acro
WD acro
PC Rainbow acro
Derasa clam
Pink goni

IMG_3259.jpg

Just survived a monthlong battle with dinos that had me second guessing myself if I'd ever beat it. Definitely so much left for me to learn with this hobby. Coloration is just starting to come back on a lot of the SPS and it feels good to see daily improvements and growth again. TLDR - let my nutrients bottom out, dinos appeared, had to learn patience and just wait after increasing nutrients.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quokka

Quokka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, got a phone filter. Here is a few tank shots and some close up shots of my corals. I reduced my waterchanges significantly and stopped using much media other than some GAC that I change once a month since I am struggling with keeping my phosphate from bottoming out. Feeding really heavily and PO4 is at 0.03-0.06ppm, used to do weekly water changes and letting it ride for a month straight felt weird. Hoping that dosing TM All-For-Reef is enough to catch all the misc. trace elements.

IMG_3299.jpg
Side profile - Jack O Lantern Lepto on the left that I wanted to grow over all of the "steps" on the rock but it's struggling with the light intensity. Shallow mixed reefs are harder than I expected to balance PAR and flow without negatively affecting non-SPS corals.

IMG_3296.jpg
Derasa clam is doing well and growing real fast. I basically bought a ticking time bomb that will force me to upgrade to a bigger tank within the next year

IMG_3295.jpg
Newest addition of the gold hammer that I can't wait to see grow out and a goni that's a month or two old that is doing well and growing

IMG_3294.jpg
This rainbow acan is one of the corals struggling with the light intensity and flow, all the greens disappeared and its now red and grey for the most part

IMG_3291.jpg
Top down shot with the Vivid Megatron monti finally coloring up after looking pretty bleached out/grey. Took months of slowly increasing nutrients

IMG_3301.jpg
Vivid's Pink Orchid Fungia looking really nice and growing quite well.

IMG_3302.jpg
PC Rainbow Acro encrusting well and coloring up nicely, poly extension is a bit lacking

IMG_3292.jpg
CB Maleficent on the left coloring up and encrusting really well and a baby TGC Cherry bomb that is starting to show it's colors slowly. Looking forward to the Cherry Bomb growing out and showing more of it's colors, starting to see fluorescent green rings at the tips of the polyps and slight rosegold pigments on the flesh.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 40
Back