IM 25 Lagoon pump vibration

Willper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the IM 25 Lagoon AIO. After setup when I turned on the return pump there was a very noticable vibration that sounded like it was coming from the stock pump. I called BRS and spoke with someone who told me that another person in the building had a IM 25 Lagoon and had the same problem with the pump vibration. His suggestion was to purchase the Sicce silent 1.5, as it was much more quiet than the stock pump. I purchased the Sicce pump and when I installed it there was no difference as the vibration noise was the same. I called Innovative Marine and was told that the pump had to be sitting up against the acrylic wall and that was the problem. He also advised their DC pump which did not vibrate like an AC pump. I wrapped the pump in foam and there was just a slight lessening of vibration. When I put the pump in a bucket of water, the pump was silent.

My question is, has anyone had this problem and or is the DC pump the way to go?

OP
OP
Willper

Willper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may just try the DC pump. I have a larger display tank upstairs and the Sicce can be used for my skimmer or algae scrubber.

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the IM 25 Lagoon AIO. After setup when I turned on the return pump there was a very noticable vibration that sounded like it was coming from the stock pump. I called BRS and spoke with someone who told me that another person in the building had a IM 25 Lagoon and had the same problem with the pump vibration. His suggestion was to purchase the Sicce silent 1.5, as it was much more quiet than the stock pump. I purchased the Sicce pump and when I installed it there was no difference as the vibration noise was the same. I called Innovative Marine and was told that the pump had to be sitting up against the acrylic wall and that was the problem. He also advised their DC pump which did not vibrate like an AC pump. I wrapped the pump in foam and there was just a slight lessening of vibration. When I put the pump in a bucket of water, the pump was silent.

My question is, has anyone had this problem and or is the DC pump the way to go?
I’m having this exact problem currently. Did you ever find a fix?

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the Innovative Marine Mighty Jet (desktop) DC pump. It is night and day from the AC pump that came with the tank.
Thanks for the update. I’ll look in to that. I just hate that the solution is spend more money, especially after just buying a pump!

mdrieder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed my pump is almost silent (stock mighty jet) but if my hydra mount touches the wall I start hearing a noticeable vibration. Point being, make sure the tank is not touching any external hard surfaces (preinstalled leveling mat doesn't count). It may help.

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed my pump is almost silent (stock mighty jet) but if my hydra mount touches the wall I start hearing a noticeable vibration. Point being, make sure the tank is not touching any external hard surfaces (preinstalled leveling mat doesn't count). It may help.
I have checked that it isn't touching anything. I think it actually may be the plumbing not sitting correctly anymore causing vibration. It is quieter when I run it without the plumbing.m Off to buy new hose!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back