OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem like a silly question, but youd be surprised... Have you cleaned it yet? How often?
Not a silly question!!! Yes I have , but Even from when I first set the tank up I was just not happy with the flow and I’d really like to get rid of one of the wave makers, with a screen top there’s a small gap, luckily no jumpers (gosh hope I didn’t jinx myself o_O ) . Thanks so much for responding:)

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I am late to the thread. I use two eheim 600 compacts and love them. Dead silent and decent flow. I supplement the tank with a koralia for directed flow across a couple monti's and pocillopora. Hope it works out for you!

Lagoon 25 IM
Left chamber: filter floss
2nd chamber: marine pure/ato sensor
middle chamber: pumps, heater, used to have tunze 9001 skimmer but removed (hard to dial in)
4th chamber: Refugium (remove >softball of chaeto every 1-2 weeks).
Right chamber: Intank media basket with filter floss and occasional carbon use
Redsea Coral Pro Salt
Water change q2 weeks
Photon V2 24" lighting (got used) @ 45%
stock: leathers, softies, montis, easy sps, some LPS that doesn't grow that well, anemones (5 rose bubble tip)
Nice!! I’d love to see some pictures, if the Hydor doesn’t work out I’ll check them out. I have The IM desktop skimmer and it’s awesome, not noisy and does a great job. I have 2 media baskets, a refugium in the second left chamber and the heater in the middle, then skimmer and another media basket. Filter floss, chemi blue and purigen
Live rock, and the AI hydra 26 hd which does a great job. Thanks for your response and recommendations.
:)

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a silly question!!! Yes I have , but Even from when I first set the tank up I was just not happy with the flow and I’d really like to get rid of one of the wave makers, with a screen top there’s a small gap, luckily no jumpers (gosh hope I didn’t jinx myself o_O ) . Thanks so much for responding:)

keep us posted. im setting up an IM 25 right now. have 2 158 GPH sicce pumps, not sure if its gonna be enought flow. And i definetely dont want 2 pumps to clean. Is also like a pulse mode and adjustability, very interesting that the 562 GPH mighty jet fits. I wonder about rattling tho

RRsNano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you keeping?

I have zoas, torch, hammer and some Favias and even keeping the stock pump on the lowest setting with my mp10 set to lagoon in 20% I had to remove the stock flat nozzles because it was too much flow.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you keeping?

I have zoas, torch, hammer and some Favias and even keeping the stock pump on the lowest setting with my mp10 set to lagoon in 20% I had to remove the stock flat nozzles because it was too much flow.
I have 3 gorgonians, zoas , mushrooms, toadstools, Palys , and quite a bit of live rock, my biggest concern is that I don't feel like I'm getting enough movement in the back chambers and like I said I really don't want to run 2 wave makers, Which is what Innovatie marine recommended when i called also stated to have the water level in the back just high enough to cover the tubing to each nozzle. I just received the Hydor today so I will be working on setting that up, more to follow and thanks for responding, do you have a build thread? Lol I don't but I know I should, hopefully soon.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry I am late to the thread. I use two eheim 600 compacts and love them. Dead silent and decent flow. I supplement the tank with a koralia for directed flow across a couple monti's and pocillopora. Hope it works out for you!

Lagoon 25 IM
Left chamber: filter floss
2nd chamber: marine pure/ato sensor
middle chamber: pumps, heater, used to have tunze 9001 skimmer but removed (hard to dial in)
4th chamber: Refugium (remove >softball of chaeto every 1-2 weeks).
Right chamber: Intank media basket with filter floss and occasional carbon use
Redsea Coral Pro Salt
Water change q2 weeks
Photon V2 24" lighting (got used) @ 45%
stock: leathers, softies, montis, easy sps, some LPS that doesn't grow that well, anemones (5 rose bubble tip)

Curious, how does the ATO work in the second chamber? It overflows the top, the water level is constant unless you keep your water level above the top of those...

I've been looking for other solutions for my ATO sensor,..

James Harvey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, how does the ATO work in the second chamber? It overflows the top, the water level is constant unless you keep your water level above the top of those...

I've been looking for other solutions for my ATO sensor,..
It works for me except, like you said, it means the water level of the 2nd and 4th chamber is the same as the middle chamber. I'm okay with that since I actually get more water volume this way . I've had no problems with water level since i set up the tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back