OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unfortunately, I can’t keep any fish alive. Going fallow for 45 days.

My frags are all growing well, but extremely low nutrients means that they have all lost their color. I am planning on feeding the tank a little bit every day during the fallow period.

This frag has been in the tank for 3 weeks now.
51BB071E-9399-4A54-8245-CD3E289068CF.jpeg

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My phosphates are stuck at 0.006. It won't rise even if I feed heavy.

I dose TM all for reef which has a carbon dosing effect.

I am contemplating nitrate and phosphate dosing.

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have some macros on the rock. I keep them trimmed as much as I can. I have a good bit of turf algae that is on the decline.

I am considering dosing Brightwell NeoNitro and NeoPhos.

Getting nervous looking at this. Hope it is not Dinoflagellates (most of the clumps are turf algae that I dislodged when physically removing them from the rocks, however, there are red wavy bits in there).

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cyano is almost gone after dosing chemiclean. Need to do a big water change this weekend.

My acros have all become very pale. Hopefully they color back up once I have stable nutrients.

520aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the same tank that got me back into reef keeping. Patience is always key in a reef tank and also the hardest. Enjoy looks like you have a good start if your keeping sps.

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Left on a vacation until Aug 10th. Hopefully the tank does fine. I had the auto feeder setup in advance and the fish are used to it. Dosing was dialed in over the past 2 weeks. There is enough top up water for 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How is the tank doing?
I have the same tank and am located right outside of Charlotte.

~Michael
Recovering from a dino outbreak.

I dosed fluconazole to kill turf algae (never should have) and that started the bloom. I was struggling with low nutrients anyway. Right now all that is left alive is a digitata, stylo, fish, and cuc.

I like almost everything else about the tank. Coraline is taking off.

Here is an updated pic. Ugly tank:
IMG_1439.jpg

OP
OP
Acros

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Updating after a long time:

Dinos (prorocentrum): Finally got rid of them. Over-dosed silicates by a factory of 4x than recommended for my water volume. Dinos were out in less than 10 days. All other tricks including UV failed.

Coral: All acros perished during the dino outbreak. This new PC Rainbow frag is looking good. Tons of polyp extension all the time.

IMG_1460.jpg

Fish: The damsels showed their true colors. It was so bad that I rehomed them within a couple of hours after they turned nasty. Got a trio of PJ Cardinals. They look peaceful for now. I have plans for a goby/blenny and maybe a 6line wrasse or a pink-streaked wrasse in the future.

We are planning to move 1 hour 45 minutes south, mid-December. Hopefully, everything goes well during the move.

Back