IM 50 Gal AIO Lagoon heater options

Sluzzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, getting back into marine aquariums after a short stint (~1.5 years) in a 36ish cube about 8-10 years ago. This time around I picked up a used 50 gal aio lagoon w APS stand and trying to piece together a complete system.

Believe it or not, I'm having a hard time finding a heater that will work with this. There is a false floor on both sides in the filtration area that I want to place 2 heaters, one in each compartment ( the ones just off center) but the floor to the spill off wall leading to center return chamber is only 9.25" and I can't find anything 100w or larger that will sit properly to the minimum depth line found on heaters. I dont want to place it into center chamber for safety reasons as the water level could drop below the minimum line and potentially cause breakage in heater. Any help would be great.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 200 watt Innovative Marine Helio PTC heater system with controller should fit/work in the height you are talking about. Would recommend the dual 200 watt kit if you can find space for both 100 watt heating elements for redundancy.

The single 200 watt is 7” long. The 100 watt elements are only 5.75” long, but there are two of them. Worth the money to buy something with redundancy in my opinion.

OP
OP
S

Sluzzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely look into it. I was planning on doing 2 heaters but 100-150W'ers

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely look into it. I was planning on doing 2 heaters but 100-150W'ers
Yeah, the 200 watt kit comes with 2 100 watt elements. Perfect for your setup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back