I'm a reefer newbie and I'm stoked to join your community!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Newbie reefer reporting from Southern California (Inland Empire area.) I started my foray into aquariums with my first freshwater tank in December 2020, and I’ve fallen for what I can only describe as “need moar tanks!” syndrome. I have a 2.5yr old daughter who absolutely loves our 5gal betta freshwater aquarium, and I suspect getting another tank will only further cement her love for the hobby! After investigating the options available, I became fascinated with marine life, its various fish, corals and the whole reef ecosystem. So for the last few months I’ve been itching to get a saltwater tank setup. After research (and one returned Waterbox Cube 20…short story is I impulse bought before really understanding sumps and their benefits), I decided the best option for my size/room requirements was a Waterbox Marine X 35.1. Main reason for this cube 22g choice is because I work in a home office on my computer all day, and I think having it next to me will be a great ‘bonding’ experience. Plus, it will be in my webcam background and hopefully a fun addition to my meetings. I went with the Waterbox Marine over the Red Sea Reefer line mainly because I wanted to be more picky about what hardware I used. Quiet is key - it’s sitting right next to me afterall. Nearly everything is backordered for Waterbox, and I’ve been not so patiently waiting for my order since June 9th. I just got a shipment notification though (arriving next week), so it was time to post my intro here!

Excited to be a part of this community and to hopefully one day contribute to the vast amount of information and knowledge available.

I’ll definitely be creating a build thread just as soon as I’ve got my tank in (maybe before.) I’ve been trickle purchasing equipment left and right over the past few weeks.
Welcome to R2R!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back