I'm a reefer newbie and I'm stoked to join your community!

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Newbie reefer reporting from Southern California (Inland Empire area.) I started my foray into aquariums with my first freshwater tank in December 2020, and I’ve fallen for what I can only describe as “need moar tanks!” syndrome. I have a 2.5yr old daughter who absolutely loves our 5gal betta freshwater aquarium, and I suspect getting another tank will only further cement her love for the hobby! After investigating the options available, I became fascinated with marine life, its various fish, corals and the whole reef ecosystem. So for the last few months I’ve been itching to get a saltwater tank setup. After research (and one returned Waterbox Cube 20…short story is I impulse bought before really understanding sumps and their benefits), I decided the best option for my size/room requirements was a Waterbox Marine X 35.1. Main reason for this cube 22g choice is because I work in a home office on my computer all day, and I think having it next to me will be a great ‘bonding’ experience. Plus, it will be in my webcam background and hopefully a fun addition to my meetings. I went with the Waterbox Marine over the Red Sea Reefer line mainly because I wanted to be more picky about what hardware I used. Quiet is key - it’s sitting right next to me afterall. Nearly everything is backordered for Waterbox, and I’ve been not so patiently waiting for my order since June 9th. I just got a shipment notification though (arriving next week), so it was time to post my intro here!

Excited to be a part of this community and to hopefully one day contribute to the vast amount of information and knowledge available.

I’ll definitely be creating a build thread just as soon as I’ve got my tank in (maybe before.) I’ve been trickle purchasing equipment left and right over the past few weeks.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Newbie reefer reporting from Southern California (Inland Empire area.) I started my foray into aquariums with my first freshwater tank in December 2020, and I’ve fallen for what I can only describe as “need moar tanks!” syndrome. I have a 2.5yr old daughter who absolutely loves our 5gal betta freshwater aquarium, and I suspect getting another tank will only further cement her love for the hobby! After investigating the options available, I became fascinated with marine life, its various fish, corals and the whole reef ecosystem. So for the last few months I’ve been itching to get a saltwater tank setup. After research (and one returned Waterbox Cube 20…short story is I impulse bought before really understanding sumps and their benefits), I decided the best option for my size/room requirements was a Waterbox Marine X 35.1. Main reason for this cube 22g choice is because I work in a home office on my computer all day, and I think having it next to me will be a great ‘bonding’ experience. Plus, it will be in my webcam background and hopefully a fun addition to my meetings. I went with the Waterbox Marine over the Red Sea Reefer line mainly because I wanted to be more picky about what hardware I used. Quiet is key - it’s sitting right next to me afterall. Nearly everything is backordered for Waterbox, and I’ve been not so patiently waiting for my order since June 9th. I just got a shipment notification though (arriving next week), so it was time to post my intro here!

Excited to be a part of this community and to hopefully one day contribute to the vast amount of information and knowledge available.

I’ll definitely be creating a build thread just as soon as I’ve got my tank in (maybe before.) I’ve been trickle purchasing equipment left and right over the past few weeks.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Patience is hard in this hobby we all know lol.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, this is the place to ask and learn.
ZomboMeme 23022021131910.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

Glad you joined! Keep us posted - your excitement is shining thru!!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Waterbox are great tanks. As you are ‘trickle’ buying get the best tests kits you can afford. Salifert, Red Sea, and Hannah are all good.
Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! I too am also relatively new, and have been diagnosed with “need moar tanks” syndrome. Which is why I will be picking up a Red Sea reefer nano and 40 breeder this weekend. Key is not to ask and just do. It is easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission. Just kidding the wife knows about one of them lol. Welcome to reef2reef.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back