OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or it could just be a scratch. You will know in a few days as fish fins and scratches heal extremely quick.

Glad the Purple Tang is good to go, I have one in my tank.
I didn't think about it but a scratch could be possible. He was in a tank with a ridiculous amount of flow for a several hours.

Purple tangs have always been one of my favorite fish, but in my years in the hobby this is the first one I've ever gotten.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think about it but a scratch could be possible. He was in a tank with a ridiculous amount of flow for a several hours.

Purple tangs have always been one of my favorite fish, but in my years in the hobby this is the first one I've ever gotten.
PICS!!! I have to vicariously live through people who can safely home tangs as I cannot :)

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PICS!!! I have to vicariously live through people who can safely home tangs as I cannot :)
I have been trying to take a picture but he won't stay still long enough, plus I haven't cleaned that side of my glass in probably a month, so please excuse my horrible pic.
20210825_193540.jpg

The spots you can see on him are just on the glass, notice how you can barely see my blasto LOL

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who says "Help, I am following my quarantine procedure that many hobbyists don't do enough and I made a human error, please help easy my stress over my livestocks' well being"
isn't an idiot in my eyes. They're a mature thoughtful person.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Unfortunately I can be a thoughtful hobbyist and an idiot too...LOL.

It was just the wording I used during my moment of stress, but it was more a moment of carelessness. In the end it did no harm to the fish and I am happy to say he seems to be happy and healthy in my display. What I was trying to do to clean the water was honestly probably worse for the fish than the junk I dumped into the tank.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have these stories! Try not to be so hard on yourself but I know that's a tough ask given each of us cares deeply about the livestock under our care! I'm sure your tang will be fine. As other members have said... Keep us updated because we all have an emotional investment in this story! :)

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have these stories! Try not to be so hard on yourself but I know that's a tough ask given each of us cares deeply about the livestock under our care! I'm sure your tang will be fine. As other members have said... Keep us updated because we all have an emotional investment in this story! :)
I was only hard on myself for a very short amount of time. I made the post the following morning so the feeling of shame and stupidity hadn't subsided yet LOL.
The tang has now been in my display for about six weeks and is doing great. Here is a pic I took a couple of weeks ago, ignore the nose being off color he had a run in with my foxface, which was better by the next day.
20210919_150930.jpg

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was only hard on myself for a very short amount of time. I made the post the following morning so the feeling of shame and stupidity hadn't subsided yet LOL.
The tang has now been in my display for about six weeks and is doing great. Here is a pic I took a couple of weeks ago, ignore the nose being off color he had a run in with my foxface, which was better by the next day.
20210919_150930.jpg
Oh geez. I guess I get too wrapped up in people's posts that I keep forgetting to look at the dates as to when they were posted. Haha. I'm so glad your story ended well! That is one beautiful tang!! Someday I hope to have a tank big enough to keep these awesome fish. My 5g is nowhere near that so I live vicariously through you guys. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back