OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! great to have a nice reef welcoming culture up here! If you need any help with anything let me know! I definitely have all the tools haha

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you , Actually I was a retail store manager for Micheals arts and crafts in Arizona. Moved to Wisconsin and now work for a large super market up here. I have no construction background just learnt it all myself so it defiantly wasn't me that worked for your family. I went to college for computer aided drafting so this stuff is something I love to do but retail management has been my career.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you , Actually I was a retail store manager for Micheals arts and crafts in Arizona. Moved to Wisconsin and now work for a large super market up here. I have no construction background just learnt it all myself so it defiantly wasn't me that worked for your family. I went to college for computer aided drafting so this stuff is something I love to do but retail management has been my career.
Very nice :) figured I’d ask. Following along for sure !

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit more work done while I wait for delivery .. 13 more days but who is counting....
finished up the light mount I converted a tv wall mount into a light mount by welding up a bracket.
I originally wanted for it not to hang from the roof but with the weight of the lights it had a slight sag.
I rigged up some paracord and made it adjustable so that I can still move the lights around. I can also un hook the lights from the para cord and swing them out of the way so it still serves all functions I originally wanted.
the lights are viparspectre black box and they use the same size bolt as my t-slot aluminum.
The lights slide right into the T - slot and I built it so that I can eventually have a 3rd if I want to add one. I still am waiting for a couple bolts for the front portion of the mount but its 90% complete.
I also tore out our old kitchen cabinets and built a island for the wife. Just need to figure out what type of countertop I want to go with for the island.

VegetaD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Will be following too.
I'm in Madison, WI

I like the light mounting with the extendable TV arm. I went through several interations for a build Im doing with the canopy that weighs 135lbs. Decided to use two mylifters that can lift 100lbs each, controlled with an app

Canopy Lift

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Will be following too.
I'm in Madison, WI

I like the light mounting with the extendable TV arm. I went through several interations for a build Im doing with the canopy that weighs 135lbs. Decided to use two mylifters that can lift 100lbs each, controlled with an app

Canopy Lift
I like the added music haha!

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa came early.... Had to order some barb fittings for the drain line today so I can't fill it all the way but here she is...!!!!! I'm stoked! also everything seems to be working well in the basement with water levels / skimmer / manifold and no leaks.... :)

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OKay so tank has had flow for a about 5 days I'm cycling with a shrimp and added bacteria tank is at .25 ammonia as of today.
Water is clearing up and looking good I'm happy with everything from custom aquariums right now. I was able to adjust my drain and get it quieted down now. Tonight I started skinning the stand it will be fully removable and have trim around it to look like furniture. Heres how we look tonight =)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great!! Following along!

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won’t be there this weekend :( due to time off requests for the tank delivery. I do plan on hosting sometime in the future maybe next year since this year is booked :)

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won’t be there this weekend :( due to time off requests for the tank delivery. I do plan on hosting sometime in the future maybe next year since this year is booked :)

Oh that's right, I remember now.

Sign up for next year will happen end of this year. I'll be signing up too, gotta show off the new basement and tank :)

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha im in the same boat just refinished my basement and got the new tank =)
got my panels all hung and im building the box for the pump controllers.
The box will be wrapped in suede and I have decided I'm going to wrap the wood panels with White vinyl instead of painting and adding trim.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!so much cleaner than my mess. We still have cord management issues.

1566422225595108520438032168721.jpg

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I hear that! the box upstairs is just to control my wave makers I have a whole other mess going on downstairs. It all has drip loops at least =) This is probably how it will stay as its just my fish room anyways. unless something goes wrong when I start running equipment.

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a little fabric work today =)
wrapped the panels in white vinyl fabric and wrapped the controller box in a black suede .....
still waiting for cycle and I'm running out of things to do =) I think it looks awesome though super happy

OP
OP
Reuben G

Reuben G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! haven't posted in a bit I've been busy.... Almost finished kitchen remodel and almost finished with the basement remodel. Fish room is looking good but I might remodel it eventually so its a nice space to be in .
Also starting on the spare bath remodel and the basement bedroom.....
Just wanted to show some pics of the tank progress and my stock list now that the tank is under control.
The tank took forever to cycle and when it did I had a bloom a some type of lettuce algae you can see it in the tank still.
It was crazy and every where but running the phos reactor and carbon it is going away. I also stocked the tank and the fish love to graze on it.
Current stock list
Hippo tang
scopus tang
clown tang
kole eye tang
two clown fish
fox face
powder brown tang
two spotted mandarin goby
pin cushion urchin
clam
flame scallop
sand sifting sea star
snails
7 emerald crabs
Jedi mind trick Monti
sunset monti
some purple sps not sure what it is
a rock full of green zoas.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tank looks nice, Place looks nice and welcome back to sunny warm Wisconsin Especially the next three days . . . . BRRRRR

Back