I'm curious how people live with their tanks in their homes

UK softy bloke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious and would like to start a thread about how people live with their tanks in their home. Where the display is located. Near a TV, in your living room, bedroom that kind of thing. How do you relax watching your tank? That kind of thing.

My tanks are in my living room on the opposite side of the room from the TV so I don't get distracted from watching them. I usually spend a good half hour to an hour laying on my couch watching the fish. And if I fall asleep doing this, its the best nap ever. In fact, I never nap in my bed.

Totally understand if you don't want to share pics of the inside of your home but here is mine.

living with tanks. ].jpg
Mines in an alcove right next to the couch, have to pull the couch away if I need to do a water change but I can sit right next to it. Never seen the point in having a tank in another room that you have to make the effort to go and see it unless it's a fish room where you can hide yourself away.

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines in an alcove right next to the couch, have to pull the couch away if I need to do a water change but I can sit right next to it. Never seen the point in having a tank in another room that you have to make the effort to go and see it unless it's a fish room where you can hide yourself away.
well said!

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sitting here laughing my butt off about the leaf blower and realized it was from 2019. First thought that came to mind was dang I'm missing out with just a Turkey baster

My tank is in my entry way. Easy to see from most parts of house and for anyone that comes over. Gotta be a show off right!

IUSTINIAN75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I sleep and where I do work ahah love the tank!the water flow from the tidal actually has improved my sleeping ahah still working on bottom doors not sure how I wana do them and to clean things up a bit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5gal a few ft from the side of my bed so I can lay on my side and watch it. I also have a 150gal that sits against the wall opposite of my bed so I can look at it while propped up against the beds backboard.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sitting here laughing my butt off about the leaf blower and realized it was from 2019. First thought that came to mind was dang I'm missing out with just a Turkey baster

My tank is in my entry way. Easy to see from most parts of house and for anyone that comes over. Gotta be a show off right!

I still have the tanks and the leaf blower.
i-2QJLbS6-L.jpg

The leaf blower is in the garage.

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours is going in what the builder calls the great room. Our couches will be in front and the tv is on the opposite wall. Sitting at the dinner table we are able to see the tv and the reef tank. We are in the waiting stage for the tank to be built of course.

Attachments

• FF652930-3324-4DDD-941F-63099CEFCA29.jpeg
    FF652930-3324-4DDD-941F-63099CEFCA29.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 35

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours is going in what the builder calls the great room. Our couches will be in front and the tv is on the opposite wall. Sitting at the dinner table we are able to see the tv and the reef tank. We are in the waiting stage for the tank to be built of course.
Is that one of those “emperor’s new clothes” kind of reef tank?

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that one of those “emperor’s new clothes” kind of reef tank?
Yeah I don’t get it. But if your asking who is making it then it’s Reef Savvy. 72”lx30”wx28”h

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don’t get it. But if your asking who is making it then it’s Reef Savvy. 72”lx30”wx28”h
You’ve never heard the story of the emperor’s new clothes?

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
small fresh water in entry way, facing the stairs.
3 salt water tanks in the kitchen. only room big enough for them.

Minhaj Qazi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious and would like to start a thread about how people live with their tanks in their home. Where the display is located. Near a TV, in your living room, bedroom that kind of thing. How do you relax watching your tank? That kind of thing.

My tanks are in my living room on the opposite side of the room from the TV so I don't get distracted from watching them. I usually spend a good half hour to an hour laying on my couch watching the fish. And if I fall asleep doing this, its the best nap ever. In fact, I never nap in my bed.

Totally understand if you don't want to share pics of the inside of your home but here is mine.

living with tanks. ].jpg
Dining Room Here.

Attachments

• 20220123_193451.jpg
    20220123_193451.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 17

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in our sunroom.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1531069129855.jpeg
    tapatalk_1531069129855.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 25

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living room next to the tv. Wanted another rimless, but the other half vetoed it where the current tank is due to tank lighting washing out the tv. So canopy it is. No water back when it was taken in March.

20210412_220327_HDR.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back