Im decent a DIY but im gonna need the creative minds here to help me with this one

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically ive been told that until we find a larger house i am on a tank restriction. I can add whatever i want to under the tank including tanks just nothing unsightly outside of my undisputed territorial lines. As of now i have a mess of wires and neat freaks nightmare for a sump fuge area. Now let me tell you everything that ive hooked up works amazing. I mostly feel like i am not utilizing the space as much as i could be. i think most of you wills see in the pictures. Now before everyone gets to roasting me that outlet strip was there before i owned the tank and i should of taken out and moved it some where else so thats my bad. I built i small shelf to house a 10g ato which i think is what and where i am going to reappropriate the space for a 10 frag. I could always use 5 g buckets on the outside behind and next to the tank to run the ato kalk mix. that seems like the easiest move as of now. I also could re plum the return lines and how they drop into the sump and even how they run back to the DT. what kind of a pump would be needed to run a 10g thats sitting roughly 8 inchs above the sump water. Also i am not worried about drilling anything so best ideas for overflow and what not. Any input as always will be filed into the io owe you a favor for the rest of my earthly life fil

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically ive been told that until we find a larger house i am on a tank restriction. I can add whatever i want to under the tank including tanks just nothing unsightly outside of my undisputed territorial lines. As of now i have a mess of wires and neat freaks nightmare for a sump fuge area. Now let me tell you everything that ive hooked up works amazing. I mostly feel like i am not utilizing the space as much as i could be. i think most of you wills see in the pictures. Now before everyone gets to roasting me that outlet strip was there before i owned the tank and i should of taken out and moved it some where else so thats my bad. I built i small shelf to house a 10g ato which i think is what and where i am going to reappropriate the space for a 10 frag. I could always use 5 g buckets on the outside behind and next to the tank to run the ato kalk mix. that seems like the easiest move as of now. I also could re plum the return lines and how they drop into the sump and even how they run back to the DT. what kind of a pump would be needed to run a 10g thats sitting roughly 8 inchs above the sump water. Also i am not worried about drilling anything so best ideas for overflow and what not. Any input as always will be filed into the io owe you a favor for the rest of my earthly life fil
Th
I think your best option is to get the "restriction" lifted.
Cheers! Mark
Im sure youve heard this before but i will not die on this hill! it can be done i know it can its just going to be a huge pain in my butt

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to have a return line from the DT drain into the 10 gallon on one side. Drill one hole on the other and have it drain into the sump. Maybe noor powerhead needed.
Smartest idea and seems thes most simple, You sir are the real mvp, realistically it could run on syphon alone and might have the power heads to shake things up. Man i nught gpo dio this stuff nnow

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my last setup I hung my Refugium above my sump and plumbed a T off the main drain to feed it. Worked great and was pretty easy to do, no pump needed!

Oh and to prove it works... Please excuse the GHA issue, this was about 6 months into it being setup
20180426_211605.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my last setup I hung my Refugium above my sump and plumbed a T off the main drain to feed it. Worked great and was pretty easy to do, no pump needed!
i was trying not to manifold off of my return becuase then it would essentially take away from features i would use.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was trying not to manifold off of my return becuase then it would essentially take away from features i would use.

My setup was fed by the main siphon drain line and not the return... No manifold anywhere :) Great for feeding your corals nutrients straight from the tank before they get filtered out

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She isnt the prettiest but i can tell you for a fact that she gets the job done. I am planning cord management when i buy a controlller. So im definately liking the idea of using some sort of return syphon to run the water through it but i think my ato is about to be a little frag tank, Dont judge by my messy under carriage!

20200125_132203.jpg 20200125_132212.jpg 20200125_132203.jpg 20200125_132212.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back