Im having trouble setting up with my Neptune DOS AWC pump. I follow the set-up intruction on APEX-FUSION Task of "DOS automatic water change"

Wagtribe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble setting up my Neptune DOS AWC pump. I follow the set-up instruction on APEX-FUSION Task- "DOS automatic water change" without a snag. But within 2 hrs. I notice the water level rising in my sump. Investigating I saw that one pump was pumping a little more volume according to the DOS on my dashboard, so I recalibrated the 2 pumps. Started up again and then watched as pump 2 (the water removing from the tank) was running backward and pulling back in the waste water. So for now I have it off and seek a solution.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you follow Neptune's instructions to set up the Auto Water Change (AWC), they instruct you to connect the tubing following this diagram:
Neptune AWC.png

With the tubes in this orientation, the left pump Adds water to the tank, and the right pump Removes water from the tank. However, the right pump needs to run in reverse (counterclockwise) to achieve this. If you didn't set up the tubing according to their instructions, you will end up with the problem described above.

Personally, I prefer to run both pumps clockwise, which is their normal orientation as indicated by the arrows imprinted on each DOS pump head, and connect the tubing like this:
Modified AWC.png

I prefer this for two reasons:

1. This allows you to calibrate the DOS without needing to disconnect and reconnect tubing, since the calibration process only runs the pumps clockwise.

2. This allows you to prime the tubing with the manual priming buttons, since this also only runs the pumps clockwise.

I wrote up a tutorial on how to alter Neptune's instructions and instead run AWC with both heads running clockwise. See this post for details:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back