I'm in desperate need some advice

mcbdz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are getting all kinds of advice already so, just will add my 2 cents. LOL.
Take it slow. While it's doing it's thing get on you tube and look up videos on starting a saltwater tank. You'll get tons. BRS has a whole series that is great. Once your Amm is 0 and your Nitrites are 0 and you have some Nitrates your tank is ready for a fish. Add them slowly. You'll also need to decide about if you are going to QT your fish first. Look up how to QT or where to buy qt fish if you don't want to loose anything to disease. Just keep researching each step before you take it.
Make a fish list you want and then read up on them to make sure they will work in your tank and with each other. AGAIN! Just go slow and research it before doing it is best. With that said I think everyone here has done impulse stuff and have their own stories. You'll have yours. LOL

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry. I am blunt. Straight fwd. I ask the questions or we do to provide more accurate a return or answer.

I would stop dosing calcium. Yes i mean remove the canister filter.

Put a piece of blue painters tape or black sharpy mark the water lvl in your tank. Top off and check the salinity.

All i would want you to focus on rn and changing the canister to either a hang on back protein skimmer or another type of filter that is more easily accesable to change and clean the media.

What has happened to your prior livestock? Thxs and hope that helps ya some.
D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back