Im just starting and need lots of advice.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to get into the photography side of reefing and i havent got a clue where to begin, what equipment, where to look, how to, I know absolutely nothing about photography.
So im looking for any advice, pointers, where to start, in fact anything and everything i will need to get started.
Thanks in advance.

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I could give is to find photos that you really like, ones that you would like to emulate, and then find out all of the conditions and information you can about how that photo was taken. For example, what camera, what lens, what aperture setting, if the photographer uses photoshop/lightroom for touch-ups or if they just post raw images. A lot of reef photography is macro photography, so I would look in to that as well.

Also, a tripod is an absolute must, so find one that you enjoy using. A lot of people think that a tripod is a tripod and they’re all built the same, but I disagree. It would be a good idea to go to a store in-person that would allow you to play around with cameras and tripods, so you can see what feels good and comfortable to you.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on reading the sticky threads and articles.
Experiment with few shots keeping in.mind what you read and post , many will chime in to provide advice abd suggestions.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back