IM Lagoon 50 Build AIO

Bsnow0053

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you still have the crate the tank came in? I'm curious about it's dimensions, wondering if it will fit in the back of my SUV, I'm going to pick it up myself. I know the tanks dimensions itself will fit just fine but not sure how much bigger that crate makes it.
What suv do you have? I ran into problems with delivery literally FedEx delayed it 4 times and I got fed up and drove the hour and a half in a snow storm to get it, took the wife's SUV which is a Kia Sorento with 3rd row just folded seats down and crate and box for the stand fit in perfect, just had to take the pallet off of the bottom of the crate. I'd bring somebody with you too cause If I'm not mistaken the FedEx guys aren't allowed to touch it to help you put it in. Also make sure you open the box and inspect it before you sign any of the paperwork cause they will try to have you sign right when they bring it out, but any damages you'll be liable for after signing

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
OP
evo187

evo187

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you still have the crate the tank came in? I'm curious about it's dimensions, wondering if it will fit in the back of my SUV, I'm going to pick it up myself. I know the tanks dimensions itself will fit just fine but not sure how much bigger that crate makes it.

yup, the crate is 40Lx30Wx27H

OP
evo187

evo187

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Might as well do a quick update.

My fairy wrasse went carpet surfing, so he is gone. He had jumped once and I found him in the back chamber after hours of searching the floor and house. I was convinced my german shepherd ate him off the floor. This time it made it out of the tank and ended up in the hallway, or my german shepherd helped him on his travels. How he made it through the netting on the tank cover i will never know. Morbid I know, but i even tried fitting his dried body through multiple holes and he would not fit.

After watching Outer Range I am convinced he found one of those time portal holes. :zany-face:

In other news I ordered some kalwasser to help raise my PH. I am going to run it through the ATO for now just to see how it goes. Ordering a dosing pump in two weeks and I will move it into its own container. I'm still only dosing 1ml of alk daily, mag after water changes to bring it up to 4500, and calc is still stable with water changes.

My first IPC test will be going out next week as well. I'm mostly interested to see my RODI results as I'm still convinced there are trace pollutants using only the 4 stage RODI system.

Near future plans are still to add the Aquatic Life 24" T5 fixture running 2 B+, 1C+, and 1 Actinic, and upgrade to a 7 stage RODI system if my ICP test comes back bad.

Last edited:

MaD_ReefeR

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What suv do you have? I ran into problems with delivery literally FedEx delayed it 4 times and I got fed up and drove the hour and a half in a snow storm to get it, took the wife's SUV which is a Kia Sorento with 3rd row just folded seats down and crate and box for the stand fit in perfect, just had to take the pallet off of the bottom of the crate. I'd bring somebody with you too cause If I'm not mistaken the FedEx guys aren't allowed to touch it to help you put it in. Also make sure you open the box and inspect it before you sign any of the paperwork cause they will try to have you sign right when they bring it out, but any damages you'll be liable for after signing
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, back seats fold down. I have shoved a queen size mattress in here folded in half when I move down to Florida lol. And yes I plan on opening the crate once I get it, when I IM called me to tell me how the delivery works they told me to make sure I opened it and do a quick inspection and afterwards when I sign it to put subject to inspection so I would have 24 hours to open everything up and if anything was damaged to give them a call.
yup, the crate is 40Lx30Wx27H
thanks, should fit just fine

Bsnow0053

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, back seats fold down. I have shoved a queen size mattress in here folded in half when I move down to Florida lol. And yes I plan on opening the crate once I get it, when I IM called me to tell me how the delivery works they told me to make sure I opened it and do a quick inspection and afterwards when I sign it to put subject to inspection so I would have 24 hours to open everything up and if anything was damaged to give them a call.

thanks, should fit just fine
Yea you should definitely be good and yea honestly mine was package super well was pretty impressed

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

TheWB

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Might as well do a quick update.

My fairy wrasse went carpet surfing, so he is gone. He had jumped once and I found him in the back chamber after hours of searching the floor and house. I was convinced my german shepherd ate him off the floor. This time it made it out of the tank and ended up in the hallway, or my german shepherd helped him on his travels. How he made it through the netting on the tank cover i will never know. Morbid I know, but i even tried fitting his dried body through multiple holes and he would not fit.

After watching Outer Range I am convinced he found one of those time portal holes. :zany-face:

In other news I ordered some kalwasser to help raise my PH. I am going to run it through the ATO for now just to see how it goes. Ordering a dosing pump in two weeks and I will move it into its own container. I'm still only dosing 1ml of alk daily, mag after water changes to bring it up to 4500, and calc is still stable with water changes.

My first IPC test will be going out next week as well. I'm mostly interested to see my RODI results as I'm still convinced there are trace pollutants using only the 4 stage RODI system.

Near future plans are still to add the Aquatic Life 24" T5 fixture running 2 B+, 1C+, and 1 Actinic, and upgrade to a 7 stage RODI system if my ICP test comes back bad.
Sorry about your wrasse. It’s always a bummer. My Orange back fairy wrasse ended up on the floor not long after I got him but I was there to put him right back in. I wasn’t so fortunate with the larger of my two zebra barred dartfish and it got crispified under the lights after getting through the screen top. It happens.

OP
evo187

evo187

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So currently I have 3 fish; Sailfin Tang, Lightning Maroon Clown, and a Six Line Wrasse. I'm thinking about adding a yellow wrasse. I'd love to find one with the white belly but I don't see them often anymore.

Not sure what else to add as I am more interested in corals. I like fish that do a job. Thinking maybe a sand sifting goby of some type. Any suggestions?

TheWB

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So currently I have 3 fish; Sailfin Tang, Lightning Maroon Clown, and a Six Line Wrasse. I'm thinking about adding a yellow wrasse. I'd love to find one with the white belly but I don't see them often anymore.

Not sure what else to add as I am more interested in corals. I like fish that do a job. Thinking maybe a sand sifting goby of some type. Any suggestions?
Have you added anything since the Maroon and the Six Line went in? Those are two fairly unwelcoming fish in a small amount of space. Six line might not like the yellow wrasse too much. A sailfin tang in a tank this size isn’t going to be too friendly either after a while. That’s an interesting mix of fish you’ve got there.

Maximus93101

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
A sailfin tang in a tank this size isn’t going to be too friendly either after a while.
I have a small sailfin tang in my 50 AIO, but I got him with the plan of moving him out down the line when he starts to get too big for the tank, or by that time, it might be time to upgrade the tank. (We all know how this ho by goes ;0) Eventually, he will need to go becasue Sailfins do eventually get VERY big. Im just saying my plan is to move hime once he starts to get too big, in say a year or two.

Regardless, my tank is newer at only 3 months old and I must say my Sailfin has been a champion at keeping the hair algae at bay. There was one poit where I thought the hair algae was going to start going nuts as I could see three days of growthall over the rocks, but it never got close to beng bad. I attribute that fact to Sailfin as he is constantly grazing on the rocks.

He has been a great addition for me so far.

H2Orchard

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Love your tank. I would really love to build a Lagoon style myself. I was looking at this particular tank when I saw your thread. Would you recommend this tank? I like the AIO option.

Never Wash Another Nasty Filter Sock Again!

H2Orchard

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Love your tank! Ot looks gorgeous. I've been researching this tank as well. Would you recommend it? I currently have a 30 gallon with a canister filter but I have always loved lagoon tanks.

OP
evo187

evo187

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Love your tank! Ot looks gorgeous. I've been researching this tank as well. Would you recommend it? I currently have a 30 gallon with a canister filter but I have always loved lagoon tanks.

I would defiantly recommend the IM tanks. This is my second one and will upgrading to a larger one in the future. The aquariums are flawless (at least the 2 that I have owned). The lagoon dimensions are perfect to me. I do sometimes wish I had a sump, but if you plan to keep things simple like I have, I think the AIO is the way to go.

How close to perfect, for you, is your reef aquarium?

• IT'S PERFECT NOW

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • It's getting close

Votes: 34 14.7%
  • It's about half way there

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • It's slow but progressing

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • It's not even close

Votes: 68 29.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.0%