IM lagoon(used) waterbox 20 cube new or IM fusion 40 new

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So been debating about getting back into the hobby. Been looking at those three tanks. (The lagoon is a 25 gal) Main reason for these tanks is because of clarity. Was thinking the 40 gallon for more stability and was thinking about doing a 5 gallon water change a week with it. It would be a reef set up. Been reading some people having the lagoon crash on them ( not sure why maybe because of swings) figured ide ask everyone's thoughts and thank you all!

Last edited:

Conchman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase in size = more money, if that is a concern. For me, 40 is a good safe size to work with. Any less, most people need very good husbandry skills and discipline, which some lack.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Lagoon 25. Same footprint as the 40 just not as tall. I really like the aquascape options it gives and you get great PAR levels on the sandbed. You definitely need to be very diligent about testing and water changes to keep things stable. If that isn’t your style I wouldn’t recommend it.

The one person I know with an IM 40 complains the rear chamber is too small to easily fit equipment properly sized for a 40 gallon and is using a HOB skimmer because of this.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
going the im25 route, you could save in some initial costs because of it being used. are you getting anything included or is it just the tank?

OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Lagoon 25. Same footprint as the 40 just not as tall. I really like the aquascape options it gives and you get great PAR levels on the sandbed. You definitely need to be very diligent about testing and water changes to keep things stable. If that isn’t your style I wouldn’t recommend it.

The one person I know with an IM 40 complains the rear chamber is too small to easily fit equipment properly sized for a 40 gallon and is using a HOB skimmer because of this.
I'm hearing a bunch of complaints of this area. Does waterbox sell their 35 tank by itself?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going the im25 route, you could save in some initial costs because of it being used. are you getting anything included or is it just the tank?
The basic stuff that comes with it. Nothing special. Think the pump and stuff in the back for both sides. Also its the first version. Idk the difference between that and the newer besides adjusting the water level

tedcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just purchased the 25 lagoon. I’ve definitely had bigger tanks 90-120 range. The smaller tanks are going to require more attention as far as testing and water changes, but awesome when stocked! Although bigger tank, equals more water volume, and a little bit more room for error…I’m sure whatever you decide, it will be great!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back