im new to reefing and i have no clue what this is

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had just gotten some hermit crabs and snails today on friday i got my first coral it was a zoa and a paly they are doing good from what my eyes can see , but there is some possible hitch hiker on my rocks but im new to reefing and have absolutely zero clue who or what this could be (dont mind my hermit crab) it is the small white mushroom looking thing it almost has “clear” tentacles it wont let me post the video

542C5C6B-B9F0-41EB-BC3C-24B17816AE47.jpeg

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini feather duster
Good guy
yay thank you I just noticed that guy and now im noticing alot of new critters and this guy is not a feather duster hes on my glass and has tentacles its also moving quite fast for its size like snail fast im not sure what it is i tried to get its under side it has a star shape almost but it isnt a star fish

Attachments

• 64532692175__5A6665FF-0F17-4F7C-B50A-484A2E8E1DE6.MOV
    1.7 MB
  • 0784D0CF-1F83-434C-A680-105230367E01.png
    0784D0CF-1F83-434C-A680-105230367E01.png
    640.9 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yay thank you I just noticed that guy and now im noticing alot of new critters and this guy is not a feather duster hes on my glass and has tentacles its also moving quite fast for its size like snail fast im not sure what it is i tried to get its under side it has a star shape almost but it isnt a star fish
i dont think the video is working

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, not particularly sure what species they are but they commonly referred to as Medusa hydroids in this hobby. They move in a jerking jellyfish like motion right? They are quite common in younger tanks (below a year) and they should normally disappear on their own in a matter of weeks of months. As far as I know, they don’t cause any harm to corals, inverts or fish.

OP
OP
clownfishdaddy

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, not particularly sure what species they are but they commonly referred to as Medusa hydroids in this hobby. They move in a jerking jellyfish like motion right? They are quite common in younger tanks (below a year) and they should normally disappear on their own in a matter of weeks of months. As far as I know, they don’t cause any harm to corals, inverts or fish.
yes thats how they move i saw some other things about them being hydriods but i wasn’t exactly what they kind they were so thank you

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back