IM Nuvo 10, 14, 20 peninsula owners--what heater are you using?

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's come up time for me to replace my heaters in my IM Nuvo 10 and 20 peninsula tanks. I'm using Cobalt Neo-Therm heaters in both right now but those seem to be out of stock everywhere and I'm also wondering if getting them again is a smart idea after reading some of the reviews. I've had no problems with mine but---. In reading most of the build threads here on the forum a lot of us use the Cobalt Neo-Therm in these tanks. Is anybody using anything different. The Neo-Therm(50watt,75 watt-both 6.5 inches long) fits great in my 3rd chamber with the return pump. So if anybody is using something different post here with a picture if possible.

Oh, for me it has to be in the 3rd chamber as my 2nd chamber is full of bio-media as I have bare bottom tanks.

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Not a nuvo owner, but I have similar AIO chambers in my tank. I have an aquatop titanium, I like the built in temp control which has a temp probe. I do have to set it to 80 for my GHL controller to keep the tank at 78, but you should be using a secondary controller anyways.

edit: I have the 100w, my tank is a 25 gal custom

Last edited by a moderator:

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the eheim jager trutemp for my IM14 - I got the 75W since my room is cold (and I miscalculated the length...) which does not fit in the back chamber. I have been told the 50W does fit in the second chamber, so might work depending how deep you run your 3rd chamber?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Eheim heaters in the 2nd chamber 2x 50w but they just fit in the 2nd chamber so no chance they will fit in the 3rd, I did previously use a Eheim preset 50w heater which would fit in the 3rd chamber, very good heaters and small but are set at 25c(77f] you can not change the setting, I only changed because one wasn’t enough for my tank, I had the other 2 heaters already so just swapped to those, maybe an option for you if that’s the temp you run your tank.

spacey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have every Jaeger size I've been using for years where space allows and looks don't matter. They never break. But I have a strong preference for neo therm heaters because of the form factor and aesthetics, so use those too. Had few fail on me over the years though, so def not as reliable. But if looks and size matter they are hard to beat.

Back