View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

This is my 3 months old 15 gallon reef tank.

I do water change weekly about 15%-20%,

feed two times per week and all corals seems to be happy.

My 2 poplyp zoas grew 6 news polyps over a 2 months period.

I wonder thats normal. Happy Reefing!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

This is my 3 months old 15 gallon reef tank.

I do water change weekly about 15%-20%,

feed two times per week and all corals seems to be happy.

My 2 poplyp zoas grew 6 news polyps over a 2 months period.

I wonder thats normal. Happy Reefing!
Yes! That’s a pretty normal growth rate. They’re happy! :) My purple monsters went from 4 heads to 50+ within 6 months.

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let’s see a fts!
i will update in the future!
I love those pink zoas on the right in your last picture! What are you using for lights? Any fish or inverts besides coral?
I use ai prime 16hd for lighting. I bought one polyp frag for $40 and grew 3 new polyps over the last 2 months. I have regular clown fish, davinci, baby hippo tang,cleanser shrimp, blue hermit crab, 4 snails, 1 narcissus snail. I know its a small tank for tangs but im planning to get a 60 plus tank with sump with macro algae and mangroove tree.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will update in the future!

I use ai prime 16hd for lighting. I bought one polyp frag for $40 and grew 3 new polyps over the last 2 months. I have regular clown fish, davinci, baby hippo tang,cleanser shrimp, blue hermit crab, 4 snails, 1 narcissus snail. I know its a small tank for tangs but im planning to get a 60 plus tank with sump with macro algae and mangroove tree.
Don’t tell the tang police that! A 60 is still a small tank for a hippo because they do get pretty big.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow congrats to ur zoas! I wish mine grew polyps like yours. Its really satisfying looking at coral growing!
Yours will get there! Once they start, they spread much quicker. One zoa goes to two, two goes to four, four goes to eight. Now that your zoas are growing, I would order some frag plugs and glue. You might have to cut them back to keep them from overgrowing the pink diamonds.

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yours will get there! Once they start, they spread much quicker. One zoa goes to two, two goes to four, four goes to eight. Now that your zoas are growing, I would order some frag plugs and glue. You might have to cut them back to keep them from overgrowing the pink diamonds.
its actually two separated rocks. i dont want other zoas to take over pink zoas.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back