IM Nuvo 20 AIO

Scotty8284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new build using the IM Nuvo 20 AIO. I already have a IM 100INT, and this is my first experience with an AIO. The first question I have regards the water level in the return section. How much lower than section 2 should I keep it? Or is it alright to keep it even with section 2? Also, which compartment is preferable for the heater? I was thinking the return section, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any guidance!

BrotatoSalad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun tanks for sure! Here's my two cents on your questions.
  • How much lower than section 2 should I keep it? Or is it alright to keep it even with section 2?
    • I keep my return chamber in my AIO a little bit lower so the second chamber "overflows" into it. Not sure if it actually matters but that's how mine is running.
  • Also, which compartment is preferable for the heater? I was thinking the return section, but I'm not sure.
    • I would put the heater into the second chamber instead of the return. If your ATO messes up for some reason that return chamber is the only one that'll not have water and running a heater out of water can be dangerous.
Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses!

OP
OP
Scotty8284

Scotty8284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun tanks for sure! Here's my two cents on your questions.
  • How much lower than section 2 should I keep it? Or is it alright to keep it even with section 2?
    • I keep my return chamber in my AIO a little bit lower so the second chamber "overflows" into it. Not sure if it actually matters but that's how mine is running.
  • Also, which compartment is preferable for the heater? I was thinking the return section, but I'm not sure.
    • I would put the heater into the second chamber instead of the return. If your ATO messes up for some reason that return chamber is the only one that'll not have water and running a heater out of water can be dangerous.
Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses!
Thanks for your help! Your reasoning is sound and provided the insight I needed. Rock, sand and water are in. Tomorrow I'll work on the light. I'll take some pictures and start a build thread.

Coral Your World

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree with both above. Here’s my im 20

Attachments

• 75BC120C-457D-44DF-BA1B-F6182BA23895.jpeg
    75BC120C-457D-44DF-BA1B-F6182BA23895.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 85

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back