IM Nuvo Fusion 20 Pro Build!!

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have started the build on my IM 20 and i am currently cycling the tank. I wanted to start this thread so I can share my progress and hoepfully get help in case I have any questions. The equipment i am running are;
-IM Nuvo Fusion 20 Pro stock parts
- AI Prime 16HD
-Sicce Voyager Nano Powerhead
-Jager Trutemp 100W heater(way too big for this tank)

I am on day 2 of the cycle and have added more ammonium chloride to the tank filled with Dr Time One and Only. As of yestersay i was at 1ppm ammonia and .50 Nitrites. Im unsure if my water level is at where it should be. Any help? I will post pictures of my water level and display.
16002903765872714575288580015341.jpg
16002904321467057296935583877080.jpg

prinzlerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't like the display water level, there's a company that makes an adjustable clip that goes on the overflows to raise the display level. I'm drawing a blank on the company name, but I've looked at them before because I want to raise the level in my IM25 for aesthetic purposes. Keep in mind though, I've read that you may need to modify tank covers if you use the adjusters. Hope this helps!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R , looks like your off to a good start, just be patient :) , as far as your water level it looks good to me and I wouldn't worry about running the light right now, helps with the algae . Looking forward to seeing more

OP
OP
A

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R , looks like your off to a good start, just be patient :) , as far as your water level it looks good to me and I wouldn't worry about running the light right now, helps with the algae . Looking forward to seeing more
Thank you! And yes i saved the light for later, not planning on turning them on until i get corals. I will seed my tank with coralline after the cycle. Do they need any light to grow? Thank you!

OP
OP
A

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16003089192785729050089280031177.jpg

How does the back level look the middle chamber is about almost an inch below the side walls of the other smaller chambers

Edit: i have realized the display does not change levels unless you flood the back to force the display to rise. I have gone by the middle chamber to measure at which level i want my water to stay at. I keep my middle chamber level at about 1/2-3/4 of an inch from the side chambers next to it. I now realized what people mean by "flow" when they talk about the chambers. Its more of mini waterfalls you should give your chambers in irder to ensure great filtration. By figuring out my water level, it is easy to realize whn my water has evaporated and need to be topped off. Just putting this out there for anyone who is also struggling with what I was.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so i had a quick question. So i am currently cycling my tank. I am on Day 4 after using ammonium chloride and dr Tims One and Only. As of today, my ammonia is at 1.5 ppm and my nitrites at 3 ppm. Tomorrow I will test again and I was wondering, when i should dose again. Whenever both my ammonia and nitrites are below 1 ppm or when both are at zero. The instructions are dr. Tims are helpful but i just need reassurance. Thank you!

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along I also have a Nuvo 20 and like to see what others do in terms of corals and livestock. Any fish and invertebrates/clean up crew plan?

Hey guys does anyone still watch my thread?
Don't feel demotivated, keep the updates coming is always good to look back and see how the tank progress.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back