OP
NanoReef_lover143

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! This is definitely helpful! For the media tanks - was I supposed to put both of the bags that it came with?
Do you use the media basket at all? Do you have a link to the filter floss that you got?

I don't have the skimmer yet. I did get a heater from a friend and it seems to be keeping the temperature. Do I really need 2? I also got the Hanna Salinity checker.

Oh - my friend highly recommended the Hipargero $70 light. His corals has grown A LOT and so I'd like to try it out. It definitely helps that it's not as expensive as an AI if it can do the job.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use the media baskets that came with the tank and fill the second chamber with filter pads (I said filter floss earlier by mistake). Here is the one that I use. Cut it to size as needed.

You do not need 2 heater, I just like to run undersized heaters as a fail safe.

One Hipargaro light will not provide the spread needed for a 30" long tank. A small cube with very low light demand corals will be fine with that light. What corals do you plan to keep?

OP
OP
NanoReef_lover143

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the media baskets that came with the tank and fill the second chamber with filter pads (I said filter floss earlier by mistake). Here is the one that I use. Cut it to size as needed.

You do not need 2 heater, I just like to run undersized heaters as a fail safe.

One Hipargaro light will not provide the spread needed for a 30" long tank. A small cube with very low light demand corals will be fine with that light. What corals do you plan to keep?

I ordered 2 of the hipargaro lights. I have the fluval light in my current tank and I couldn't take it away because my fishes are there currently waiting for the cycling to be done. I just want a few hammers, zoas and polyps... oh and maybe a toadstool mushroom.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I love my 30L and hope you will too! Until you get more livestock you don't need a skimmer yet and I found a media reactor wasn't needed at all for my tank (Hammers, torches, gonis, softies) those are LPS. You mistakenly said SPS-its confusing at first. This is what I run on my tank-1st chamber In tank media basket with filter pad, Chemipure Blue (3rd shelf different things as needed), 2nd chamber Nuvo skimmer (yes it's probably not the best but ok for me), Return chamber has the pump and the ATO probes, 4th chamber the IM Helio heater-very expensive but the Inkbird didnt work for me. and the last chamber the IM UV Sterilizer. Also I tried the cheaper wavemakers-powerheads & I love the Nero 3's they are powerful, quiet, easy to adjust and very low profile so they don't distract from the display.
IMG_9038.jpg

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @blaxsun This was recommended to me - seems to have good reviews but I'm not sure if it can support it. Definitely a good price though!

I have one of these on my evo I have the power on 40% and the frequency about halfway during the day and all the way down at night. When I had it full blast it looked like a hurricane in my tank. I have been running this over a little over a year and a half with no issues.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's HERE!! ;Brb

tank delivered.jpg

Got some help to put it together and voila!

tank.jpg

I have previous rocks that I was curing and got another one at LFS. I sure hope they don't kill my tank. (I look like I'm floating!)
tank2.jpg

I've added Carribean Sea Fiji Sand
tank with sand.jpg

It got pretty late but I wanted to fill it up. I mixed my own water with Reef Salt - https://www.chewy.com/instant-ocean-reef-salt-aquariums/dp/196229?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=15783018857&utm_content=Instant Ocean&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw29CRBhCUARIsAOboZbKzDLeJ8b-KCQ_gRYasRPYli0kVK5A3brez4ETYifNSoJYWDEnnNGMaAjPAEALw_wcB

20220317_214819.jpg

I probably should have waited to fill it up because now I don't have lights and it's coming until tomorrow. Should I go get a temporary one for today?

What do you think about the aquascaping? My creative juices must not be flowing well. I thought it was okay but seems pretty MEH ;Yawn
Nice. Figure I’ll show off my 30l Nuvo. 8C9E4352-F0ED-41BE-91F9-740C2A752529.jpeg

OP
OP
NanoReef_lover143

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I love my 30L and hope you will too! Until you get more livestock you don't need a skimmer yet and I found a media reactor wasn't needed at all for my tank (Hammers, torches, gonis, softies) those are LPS. You mistakenly said SPS-its confusing at first. This is what I run on my tank-1st chamber In tank media basket with filter pad, Chemipure Blue (3rd shelf different things as needed), 2nd chamber Nuvo skimmer (yes it's probably not the best but ok for me), Return chamber has the pump and the ATO probes, 4th chamber the IM Helio heater-very expensive but the Inkbird didnt work for me. and the last chamber the IM UV Sterilizer. Also I tried the cheaper wavemakers-powerheads & I love the Nero 3's they are powerful, quiet, easy to adjust and very low profile so they don't distract from the display.
IMG_9038.jpg
LOVE that tank! That's exactly my goals! I went a little MIA (got busy with work) but I will be posting a pic shortly. But THAT is exactly what I have envisioned my tank would look like (maybe a little less).

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use InTank filter floss. You cut to fit the top of the media basket. I use Chemipure Blue

OP
OP
NanoReef_lover143

NanoReef_lover143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while. Here is the picture when I first started the aquascaping. (what kind of camera/lense do you use when taking a picture or video?)

20220321_201946.jpg

A week later, I moved over the fishies and got my first torch!
20220404_203919.jpg

After a couple of weeks, I was not as happy with the rocks and so I rearranged them. (sorry for the glare). There's a red fire shrimp and a yellow watchman goby in there, along with a royal gramma.

VideoCapture_20220502-160039.jpg

I added a couple hammers and a pulsing xenia.
20220423_123559.jpg

and this little guy - I forgot the name though - is this Alviopora?
20220423_123837.jpg

I also started to get diatoms so I picked up more mexican turbo snails.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How much do you use or put on the media basket? Do you use the cotton balls that it came with? What kind of carbon do you use?
I cut these into size and use them (change out twice a week as I am trying to run an ULNS).

Aquarium Filter Pad - FilterFirst Premium True Dual Density 12" by 72" by 3/4 to 1" Aquarium Filter Media Roll for Crystal Clear Water

I use about 2 teaspoons of BRS rox0.8 carbon changed out once a month.

Ja890425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this tank for a little over 2 years now and it’s great! I picked up an InTank media basket to run on the other chamber instead of a filter sock too… My only complaint is I’d like to change out my plumbing to 5/8” instead of the measly 1/2, I found the mighty jet to be quite noisy so ran a jebao DWC2000 for 2 years until I recently upgraded to a Varios2 which is also controlled through my hydros collective… I just feel the plumbing is really restrictive and is making everything work harder for the same amount of flow
Pic is before I switched to the hydros controller

Attachments

• ED4E43F1-29AE-4C31-9A5F-4172DEEA8A0F.jpeg
    ED4E43F1-29AE-4C31-9A5F-4172DEEA8A0F.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 86

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back