IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 2 | 40 AIO Build

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my aquarium and stand from IM and want to start putting together the rest of the equipment. I am looking for light recommendations. What would you put over this tank if it were you? I plan to start primarily with LPS corals, but I want to have the possibility to add some SPS at higher levels of the aquarium later.

Any other equipment recommendations are welcome. I have some ideas for filtration equipment for the back but am open to new ideas.

Thanks.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s the taller 40, not the 40L, right?
I have the 25 Lagoon which is the same footprint as the 40 and I use one Kessil A360X, it would be plenty of light for a deeper tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the taller 40, not the 40L, right?
I have the 25 Lagoon which is the same footprint as the 40 and I use one Kessil A360X, it would be plenty of light for a deeper tank.
It is. Dimensions follow:
  • Outside Dimensions - 23.62" L x 19.68" W x 18.89" H
  • Display Dimensions - 23" L x 15" W x 18.89" H

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd run a single 26HD/32HD or pair of Prime HD/16HDs for light on that footprint. I like the older wifi lights better, but YMMV.

OP
OP
T

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was holding off on identifying my own plan to get thoughts that weren’t centered on those ideas, but this is exactly my dilemma. I am currently debating between a single AI Hydra 32 and two Prime 16HD lights. I think the Hydra would be sufficient, but believe I would get better spread with two Primes

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was holding off on identifying my own plan to get thoughts that weren’t centered on those ideas, but this is exactly my dilemma. I am currently debating between a single AI Hydra 32 and two Prime 16HD lights. I think the Hydra would be sufficient, but believe I would get better spread with two Primes

You absolutely will get better spread running 2 single puck lights. Less shadowing and more even coverage are big benefits for SPS too, if you go that route.

I have the Nuvo 30L (36" long) and run 3x Prime HDs on it. I ran 2 to start, but I wasn't happy with the shadowing. I added the third, and now it's perfect, IMO.

OP
OP
T

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely will get better spread running 2 single puck lights. Less shadowing and more even coverage are big benefits for SPS too, if you go that route.

I have the Nuvo 30L (36" long) and run 3x Prime HDs on it. I ran 2 to start, but I wasn't happy with the shadowing. I added the third, and now it's perfect, IMO.
This is helpful. Thank you!

Chris Shelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just a couple months in our IM40AIO and I went with 2 Radion G5 pros with diffusers. Only have some zoas, watermelon psammocora and GSP on the back wall at the moment.

OP
OP
T

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just a couple months in our IM40AIO and I went with 2 Radion G5 pros with diffusers. Only have some zoas, watermelon psammocora and GSP on the back wall at the moment.
Wow! 2 Radions seems like a whole lot of light. I am now considering the new G6 Radion after seeing one on a 24” cube locally.

What are you running for heaters? I seem to be struggling more to pick a heater than any other piece of equipment.

Are you running an ATO and, if so, which one?

Thanks!

Chris Shelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently down sized from a 150G DT with a 40G sump to the 40AIO. Yea wow! As far as heaters I had 2 300W BRS titanium heaters with the BRS heater controller backed up by the Apex. So for now I just moved over 1 of the 300W. ATO is the Tunze 3155. I had it in the big system so moved it to the 40 as well. I've got Apex but as far as ATO's Tunze Always win the question!

OP
OP
T

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank came in this week and I got the stand put together and put it in place. I also picked up a few other equipment items listed below:

Radion XR15 Pro G6
RMS mount
Aquael 100W Heaters x 2
Inkbird ITC-308 Controller with Heat and Cooling Controls
InTank Media Basket
RO/DI System

I am waiting on my containers for my saltwater mixing station. As soon as I get those I plan to start making water and get the tank wet. Stay tuned!
17B5389F-0149-4B9E-8698-EE0619E2E76E.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Timzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been taking my time with getting water into the tank, but finally achieved this today. I’ll be starting the Dr. Tim’s fishless cycle tomorrow. I still have a couple of things to purchase and setup on the tank, but im happy with the progress.

it may not seem like it but there is 30 pounds of rock there. I have another few pounds of rubble in the return chamber of the filtration area. I may add another rock or two to the top/back of the structure but I like how it turned out. Lots of hiding/swimming space and places for corals.

166E1D04-BA4E-48F7-8F0E-6AFB0CD2D975.jpeg
D3E8B9B1-464C-4448-8954-5461326D4246.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back