IM Nuvo Fusion pump going dry

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new 20 gallon Nuvo Fusion peninsula was working great but now all of a sudden it’s sucking in more water than can come through the grate and it keeps sucking air and throwing bubbles in my tank. I’m kind of ticked off because I just bought this tank and it was working fine but for some odd reason it’s sucking in too much water and going dry so it can’t really be run.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull out the pump and see what's going on.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything blocking or clogging the inlet/outlet/tubes. I'd pull it out and see if there was anything obvious, if not, drop it in a bucket and plug it in to get a better look at what the issue is.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything blocking or clogging the inlet/outlet/tubes. I'd pull it out and see if there was anything obvious, if not, drop it in a bucket and plug it in to get a better look at what the issue is.
Okay so, you’re gonna think I’m an IDIOT but I thought what the heck and mixed a gallon of saltwater in a gallon ziplock and poured it in... it’s working fine now and the noise stopped XD I’m so sorry I bothered you XD

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the chamber was low or empty because of evaporation, you dont want to add saltwater back, you want RODI.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the chamber was low or empty because of evaporation, you dont want to add saltwater back, you want RODI.
I know haha I’ve been adding sweetwater to top it off but I began with not enough saltwater so I added more saltwater. It wasn’t evaporation I just didn’t put enough to start with

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back