IM or Red Sea AIO: yet another sorta newbie

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As I understand, you do not want to have a lot of maintenance and hence going for AIO.

I have an IM25 AIO now, great quality tank. I also had a 30gallon in stand sump system before this one. The in stand sump system was a lot more easier/simpler to maintain.

Light bleeds into the back chamber on an AIO and calcareous worms and stuff grow on everything, making maintenance a pain. In addition to that, the chamber are a pain to access while cleaning the tank.

In stand sumps are much easier to clean, you are more likely to do maintenance on them as it does not feel like a chore.

Edit: There are great in sump system options in the sizes you are looking at.

randomnerd865

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a similar situation. I ultimately decided on the Innovative Marine. I was super impressed with the quality of the tank and aluminum stand. Filtration is really good for an AIO, and the included pump is quiet and powerful. I had a particular spot I wanted my tank to fit in or I would have gotten the 50 lagoon.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back