I'm the only one with a Nuvo Fusion 25, right?

mattyams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an attempt to break my cycle of just lurking these forums and my severe social anxiety, I am going to post about this "new to me" Nuvo 25 I picked up a while back. It's already stocked-ish right now but I'll do what I can to start from the beginning.

This is the story of a Nuvo Fusion 25 Nano (before it was called the "Lagoon"). I picked it up from Facebook Marketplace for pretty cheap. The stand was in rough shape with water damage and rusted out hinges. Easy fix. No pics of the process but I used a good amount of sandpaper, bondo and paint to fix it up.

First things first, the equipment list: (excuse my dad jokes)
Nuvo Fusion 25 Nano - obviously
IM HydroFill 5gal ATO Reservoir - holds water to move water
Nicrew 100w LED & HyperReef Controller Thingy - cheap lights, cheap user(me).
AquaIlluminations Prime 16HD x3 - 3D printed my own shades because I could. Shades were in the way and pointless. Shades are back now that the lights are 14" off the water. Nice lights...still a cheap user (me).
XP Aqua Marriage Saver - Used to fill ATO reservoir from RODI.
AutoAqua Smart ATO - This thing isn't very smart, might replace.
InTank Media Basket - filter floss/Seachem Matrix/blend of BRS Rox & Purigen in these adorable little bags.
InTank Fuge Basket - chaeto & cheap growlight I cut in half and velcro'd to the back. Works surprisingly well.
IM ChaetoMax 9W - Why is this so expensive???
Jebao DCS-2000 Return - Quiet, cheap, controllable.
IM Spinstreams - These were noisy but magically shut themselves up.
Cobalt 75w Heater - Does heater things.
This "Aquarium" Fan - Replaced the blower it came with this one and it works very well for helping keep temps stable. Quiet too.
Jebao 4-ch Doser - Dosing Red Sea Colors ABCD. 2.5ml twice a day.
EcoTech MP-10 - I've had this since 2014 and just upgraded it to the QD board, new wireless module, new wetside. Did a bearing replacement on the dryside last month. Workhorse this. Sucker died, bought a new one.
I have this UV Sterlizer in the tank right now because I thought it would help with a cloudy water issue, but I think it was my filter floss placement. It's gunna come out and go back in my freshwater tank once I confirm.
AquaMax NF-1 Nano Protein Skimmer - So tiny! Barely fit in the second chamber on the right.
IM Auqa Shield UV Sterilizer - Works very very well, surprisingly.

"Control"
Couple Smart Power Strips - Flashed with ESPHome to control via Home Assistant
Couple Zigbee Buttons - Used with Home Assistant/zigbee2mqtt to start a "feed mode" and "water change mode"
DS18B20 Temp Probe & Wemos D1 Mini - Flashed with ESPHome to monitor temp for reporting and cooling/heating control.
This, couple of these, this, that and a buncha these - This is my unnecessary and overly complex "safety" system. To put it simply, the water sensors detect water (duh), alerts my phone with the option to view cameras or to cut the main water supply with that big valve motor. The flow meters and solenoids/sonoff are inactive right now but will be used to monitor the flow of water and detect any anomalies in RODI flow and allow me to shut off RODI flow in any areas that have excessive flow. All of this is local control (through Home Assistant) and does not depend on any third party cloud apps/providers/whatever. Complex? Yes. Is it needed? Probably not, but I love to tinker.

Here it is getting filled up after the repairs.
PXL_20220926_174552783.jpg
PXL_20220927_194610751.jpg

First resident:
PXL_20221002_021053017.jpg

Corals: Gunna try to ID these...I have no clue the proper names. If I get it wrong, please correct me.

Green hydno
PXL_20221008_220453386.MP.jpg

Red monti
PXL_20221008_220505167.MP.jpg

Red mushroom somethinganother??
PXL_20221008_220435679.MP.jpg

FTS:
PXL_20221017_183405165.jpg

1/4/2023:
PXL_20230102_230226412.LS_exported_6671_1672809552475.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mattyams

mattyams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added in about 10 mushrooms from my other tank today. Also, I am replacing the Nicrew LED with a Hydra 32 and then adding in an AquaMaxx Nano skimmer. More to follow.

PXL_20221020_025530749.MP.jpg
PXL_20221020_020647346.jpg

OP
OP
mattyams

mattyams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I have the exact same tank with the old style stand.

Is this considered the old style stand? IM has removed any mention of this tank since rebranding it as the lagoon.

OP
OP
mattyams

mattyams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe so. The tank is unchanged as far as I can tell, until they came out with the nuvo pro 2 last year. The stand is what makes it ‘old style’.
Thought that might be the case. I had to toss a couple 1x4s in the back as it had a little bit of side to side wobble I wasn't too keen of.

OP
OP
mattyams

mattyams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Game time roster change. AI Hydra 32 is going to go on my 30g nano and the two AI Prime 16HDs from the 30g are going to go on this tank. More for aesthetics than anything.

Also the AquaMaxx NF-1 was installed today. Not sure how it fit, but it does.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not red mushroom, cyphastrea I think.

OP
OP
mattyams

mattyams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double AI Prime time! The mount is a DIY mashup of 2020 frame from an old 3D printer and the Nicrew mount. Needs some tweaks, it sits too far back for my taste. Light on shots later.

PXL_20221023_071032438.MP.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look multicolored. Do they have single color variations? I'll be honest, I didn't browse to deep.

Multi color is more desirable so you see it more. Google red cyphastrea and compare

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an attempt to break my cycle of just lurking these forums and my severe social anxiety, I am going to post about this "new to me" Nuvo 25 I picked up a while back. It's already stocked-ish right now but I'll do what I can to start from the beginning.

This is the story of a Nuvo Fusion 25 Nano (before it was called the "Lagoon"). I picked it up from Facebook Marketplace for pretty cheap. The stand was in rough shape with water damage and rusted out hinges. Easy fix. No pics of the process but I used a good amount of sandpaper, bondo and paint to fix it up.

First things first, the equipment list: (excuse my dad jokes)
Nuvo Fusion 25 Nano - obviously
IM HydroFill 5gal ATO Reservoir - holds water to move water
Nicrew 100w LED & HyperReef Controller Thingy - cheap lights, cheap user(me).
XP Aqua Marriage Saver - Used to fill ATO reservoir from RODI.
AutoAqua Smart ATO - This thing isn't very smart, might replace.
InTank Media Basket - filter floss/Seachem Matrix/blend of BRS Rox & Purigen in these adorable little bags.
InTank Fuge Basket - chaeto & cheap growlight I cut in half and velcro'd to the back. Works surprisingly well.
Jebao DCS-2000 Return - Quiet, cheap, controllable.
IM Spinstreams - These were noisy but magically shut themselves up.
Cobalt 75w Heater - Does heater things.
This "Aquarium" Fan - Replaced the blower it came with this one and it works very well for helping keep temps stable. Quiet too.
Jebao 3-ch Doser - Not active right now, will be for All For Reef/NoPox when needed.
EcoTech MP-10 - I've had this since 2014 and just upgraded it to the QD board, new wireless module, new wetside. Did a bearing replacement on the dryside last month. Workhorse this.
I have this UV Sterlizer in the tank right now because I thought it would help with a cloudy water issue, but I think it was my filter floss placement. It's gunna come out and go back in my freshwater tank once I confirm.

"Control"
Couple Smart Power Strips - Flashed with ESPHome to control via Home Assistant
Couple Zigbee Buttons - Used with Home Assistant/zigbee2mqtt to start a "feed mode" and "water change mode"
DS18B20 Temp Probe & Wemos D1 Mini - Flashed with ESPHome to monitor temp for reporting and cooling/heating control.
This, couple of these, this, that and a buncha these - This is my unnessicary and overly complex "safety" system. To put it simply, the water sensors detect water (duh), alerts my phone with the option to view cameras or to cut the main water supply with that big valve motor. The flow meters and solenoids/sonoff are inactive right now but will be used to monitor the flow of water and detect any anomalies in RODI flow and allow me to shut off RODI flow in any areas that have excessive flow. All of this is local control (through Home Assistant) and does not depend on any third party cloud apps/providers/whatever. Complex? Yes. Is it needed? Probably not, but I love to tinker.

TODO: Skimmer maybe? Suggestions welcome.

Here it is getting filled up after the repairs.
PXL_20220926_174552783.jpg
PXL_20220927_194610751.jpg

First resident:
PXL_20221002_021053017.jpg

Corals: Gunna try to ID these...I have no clue the proper names. If I get it wrong, please correct me.

Green hydno
PXL_20221008_220453386.MP.jpg

Red monti
PXL_20221008_220505167.MP.jpg

Red mushroom somethinganother??
PXL_20221008_220435679.MP.jpg

FTS:
PXL_20221017_183405165.jpg
Not red mushroom, not Cyphastrea. Look at Montipora Setosa.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Should have looked closer. I don’t have the exact same tank, but have the same stand. Mine has the AIO chambers.

Although, there was a 40gallon version of this for sale at a near by shop (no overflow or AIO chambers), oddly enough that one came with the APS stand.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back