OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was some confusion with the BRS team and I ended up receiving a refund for my XR15 instead of an exchange...I have no purchased the light again and will update when it arrives on Thursday.

Thanks,
Jake

Fishy Snowman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
82F06963-CC94-4673-8E1A-EFAA5C1A4DC1.png
This can be found on BRS' website, made by Sea Side Aquatics. Thanks for the compliment!

J
Thx bro. Setting up the same tank. Just finished the rock work.

Florida_Angel

Rock Flower Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s dose not come like that I glue the Rocks but it does come sliced on both sides
Here’s a YouTube video you can see

wow, those are super cool! Never seen anything like it. I'll def need to check that out. I like that it can be used in fresh as well. I'm also a fresh water lover. thanks for the video!

As a side note...would be fun to see your other tanks! That guppie tank is neat-0!!

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s dose not come like that I glue the Rocks but it does come sliced on both sides
Here’s a YouTube video you can see

Where did you get it from?

Nevermind... I watch the vid. Although Marco Rocks doesn't show on their webiste.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a

that looks really great. Are you going to make a build thread?

Testing results look good. Better than mine.

Your going to love that light. I do

IMG_8701.JPG
A small piece of advise is to lay the card flat and stand the tube up on the card (the white area) and look top down into the tube. It'll give you a better color. I'll even go outside in the daylight or be in a room with good lighting. It helps.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small piece of advise is to lay the card flat and stand the tube up on the card (the white area) and look top down into the tube. It'll give you a better color. I'll even go outside in the daylight or be in a room with good lighting. It helps.
Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ammonia is 0ppm, nitrite is 0ppm and nitrates are at 10ppm. I was expecting this cycle to take quite some time with the pukani rock. Any thoughts on my tests? What do y'all look for when deciding a cycle is "complete"?

Thanks,
Jake

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You look for those numbers right there! From experience I would add my first fish now. Do a quick water change and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You look for those numbers right there! From experience I would add my first fish now. Do a quick water change and you should be good to go.

No concern regarding fact it's only been about 2 weeks?

I will need to dose and adjust for Alk. CAL and Mag...and set up doser. Lagged on these things as I expected tank to take long time for cycling.

Thanks,
Jake

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what's the best fish to add first? My stocking list included 2 clowns, goby pistol shrimp combo, wrasse and maybe a flame hawkish or small tomini tang

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed looks good. You should have a diatom outbreak. I used aquaforest bio S and the tank was cycled in 2 weeks and got a pair of clowns first. I really don't think you'll be needing to dose for anything right now. Check it first but you would have to have quite a bit in there.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add the two clowns that was my first additions to my tank. And don’t worry about dosing anything at all until you have a tank full of coral and your levels start to deplete.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: new light arrived today.

20171006_155018.jpg

Here it is set up:
20171006_165924.jpg

Any thoughts on intensity? I have the color and spectrum dialed in.

Thanks,
Jake

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 52.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back