IM25 Lagoon Build

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no corals yet I would set it as low as possible where the tank is still visually bright enough for you. When you do add corals then your percentage will matter.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no corals yet I would set it as low as possible where the tank is still visually bright enough for you. When you do add corals then your percentage will matter.

Will be adding corals ASAP. I have 5 chalice colonies and 5 high end zoo colonies that are in my old tank. The goal is to get all premium corals in this tank and begin breakdown and restart of the old tank.

Thanks,
Jake

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the lighting in your old tank? That all depends on the intensity of the new light but starting lower percentage is always a great idea.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI Hydra 26 hd...running probably near 45 or 50 percent instensity...

Thanks,
J

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so then the radions should be alright at around the same but just to be safe start them at a lower percent and see how your corals react to the lighting. Also depending on the height difference and tank depth and placement of the corals with make a difference.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep it at the same intensity as the AI. What schedule are you running?

Any updates?

Hey,

I decided to run the radions on the EcoTech LPS pre set. I enjoy the color and spectrum I am getting thus far. I placed 5 corals in the tank as a test, so far they are doing "okay". My birdnest, setosa and chalice are doing great while my zoas are "so-so"...but they had been struggling prior to moving. I will post pictures later. Today I am going to get my reactor going which I actually think will help some as I do have some low level phosphates. Yesterday I installed my apex...took a bit longer than expected and I am not done fine tuning, but I think it will be quite fun when I am!

Thanks,
Jake

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radions actually have an acclimation cycle on their website in the scheduling page, I would use that, it lasts a week and will gradually get your corals and fish acclimated to the light

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys, a few updates!

I attempted to install my BRS reactor yesterday but ultimately decided it was right for the way I wanted to set this tank up. I have ordered the Aquatop HOB reactor and it will be here tomorrow. I have hung some phosphate remover in a mesh bag in the mean time to ensure phosphates stay low and I can get rid of this diatom algae.

My readings today:

PH 7.9
Alk 9.2
Cal 425
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate <5ppm

Didn't test Mag

I got 2 Clownfish in the tank today and I am loving them so far. Turned my radion to 10% and got them acclimated with a slow drop. They started with swimming in the tank corners but have adjusted to the tank and are swimming happily.

20171018_113258.jpg

View attachment 20171018_122611.jpg

Thanks,
Jake

View attachment 20171018_122611.jpg

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a IM25 owner myself, loving your set-up!

I am still curing my Pukani rocks that I bought from BRS... a month in and the phosphates are reading 0.04PPM (Red Sea PO4 test kit).
Curious, are your Pukani rocks done leeching phosphates?

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a IM25 owner myself, loving your set-up!

I am still curing my Pukani rocks that I bought from BRS... a month in and the phosphates are reading 0.04PPM (Red Sea PO4 test kit).
Curious, are your Pukani rocks done leeching phosphates?

I am not 100% sure if they're done leaching. I believe they are close as I am also about 1 month in myself. Upon my first algae outbreak I did a very large water change. Upon testing yesterday my phosphates were 0ppm as per my Hanna checker. I also have a mesh bag with phosphate remover just in case. Today my reactor replacement will be here and I will set it up with a carbon and GFO combo.

It is very possible that some phosphate is still leaching as the rocks do harbor some diatom growth still, but the water is testing out at 0 right now.

Thanks,
Jake

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns look great. They have a nice looking pattern to them.
They will be beautiful! They're so tiny right now too LOL. Thanks for the compliment! Gonna feed these guy SA Clownfish diet and TDO chroma boost along with some supplemental stuff.

Thanks,
Jake

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video from today of my clownfish...they ate today no problem. They look happy and seem to be adjusting to their new home. As long as the tank holds steady, I will transfer some of my high end pieces in over the weekend...just trying to be patient.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks,
Jake

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I was thinking of doing a designer clownfish tank with high end corals as well really cool idea.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea plan out your next fish and quarantine in the meantime.

OP
OP
JakeLikesReefs

JakeLikesReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news today: my PH has been hovering in the 7.92 range, but crossed the 8.0 threshold today. Hopefully it will level out over the next week or so closer to 8.2.

Thanks,
Jake

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back