Important Water Parameters For Keeping A Saltwater Aquarium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Healthy water equals healthy fish and coral, but how do you know what’s best? Water quality is a fundamental aquarium skill, and understanding how to read and decipher water tests can clue us in on problems. The first parameters you will test for are Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrates as part of monitoring the initial nitrogen […]
Source

Continue reading...

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Healthy water equals healthy fish and coral, but how do you know what’s best? Water quality is a fundamental aquarium skill, and understanding how to read and decipher water tests can clue us in on problems. The first parameters you will test for are Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrates as part of monitoring the initial nitrogen […]
Source

Continue reading...
Thanks for the info. I am new to.slatwater and this info is a big help. I am 3 weeks into it and I need to start testing for these. Is there a testing kit you reccomend for phosphates, calcium, alkalinity and magnesium? Thanks

Nicole Helgason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I am new to.slatwater and this info is a big help. I am 3 weeks into it and I need to start testing for these. Is there a testing kit you reccomend for phosphates, calcium, alkalinity and magnesium? Thanks
Hi GradnpaShark, try the Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Ca/Alk/Mg Multi test kit!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back