!!!IMPROMPTU SLEDGEBALL VID, WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok well maybe not, I mean you guys clean your skimmer cups plenty so this is nothing new. The smelly grimy mess that collects on the lid and neck. Pretty typical stuff...

But does your sledge ball measure up to this monstrosity ?:eek:

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wow that probably smells deliciously good

HA! indeed. It's the worst when you drain instead of a full clean, because there's always some residual in the bottom. It just gets worse and worse as it ferments in there lol. Fortunately the smell does seem to stay contained until I jostle it around. Then, it's as if corpses have come wafting out of there.

Endoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuck! This is the most disgusting reef video I have ever seen by far. Thank God it is in black and white!!! And thanks for sharing..........o_O

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was completely disgusting. Latex glove next time maybe?? lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well that was completely disgusting. Latex glove next time maybe?? lol

Yeah I agree, when you really think about what I'm doing there it's pretty nasty lol. Normally I'd just spray it with the hose.

Cubed Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam, do they all have Jeb's for the DC pump? Deltec SC 1660 Internal caught my eye. However the SC1456 did also. Roughly 200g total water volume and will be heavy stock, thoughts? Currently have a ATB 1050 but just huge.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam, do they all have Jeb's for the DC pump? Deltec SC 1660 Internal caught my eye. However the SC1456 did also. Roughly 200g total water volume and will be heavy stock, thoughts? Currently have a ATB 1050 but just huge.

HI there, thanks for asking. You are correct Only the DC models use a modded jebo pump. The AC's use a pump designed and developed by deltec.

Here's a little nugget from an earlier thread regarding the new Deltec pump and over all relativity. Sent a pm your way as well:)

In 2009 deltec completely redesigned their skimmer line, including developing and enginering their own extremely efficient AC pumps. Where as most skimmer manufactures use commercially available, or modified versions of available pumps, Deletc leads the way with development of their own new pump. Deltecs are more relevant now than they've ever been, as these new pumps draw more air and use less energy than any other competitive pump in their class. And the streamlined design of the skimmers themselves makes for performance that hard to beat.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gagging!!!! Why oh why are you scooping it out with your hand and playing with it????!!!! Disgusting!!! LOL!!

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is older than my reef, but I had to comment!
CfN0vTqEdLNss.gif

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back