In an effort to keep my first QT fish safe i'd like to go over what I'm about to do

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a 20 gallon long QT tank setup with HOB filter, pvc, powerhead, heaters, air stone, and bacteria seeded from DT.

I have one smaller snowflake clown in there now. Just observing him and he's doing fine, eating well, and i see no evidence of spots or disease.

I have cupramine, General Cure, metroplex, and prazipro. Also have a seachem ammonia alert badge hanging.

The plan is to add cupramine over 5-7 days at (20 drops per 10.5 gallon) 76-80 drops over 5-7 days or 11 drops per day to ramp up (per Humblefish's suggestion) instead of doing the 2 doses over 48 hours on the back of the bottle. Test daily until .5 ppm is achieved and then keep at that amount for 30 days. Any water changes, i add 4 drops per gallon in order to keep the concentration at .5 at all times to not reset the clock.

Also it was suggested to dose metroplex every 2 days for first week.

After 30 days use carbon to remove copper and then does General Cure 2x over 12 days.

Does this seem like a sound plan and am i missing anything? Kinda nervous as this is my first QT.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I place my fish and corals in QT but i never medicate them unless there is a problem. Up to this point (8 years) I have never needed to medicate my fish. Fish stay in QT for 6 weeks.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I place my fish and corals in QT but i never medicate them unless there is a problem. Up to this point (8 years) I have never needed to medicate my fish. Fish stay in QT for 6 weeks.
I'm guessing the thinking is that anything will rear it's head within this time?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back