In process of upgrading. Trying to figure out cost effective lighting for a 20L

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I'm seeking recommendations for a 20L for good lighting. I currently have a 10 gallon where I'm growing Montipora, Seriatapora, LPS, and softies, and am trying to upgrade to a 20L. Need to find lighting that will fit and provide good lighting throughout the tank, that also won't break the bank. Any recommendations?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much $ is "not breaking the bank?" What features, like ramping, are important to you?

OP
OP
LegalReefer

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to spend no more than $150. Having a light that can slowly ramp up during the day then edge down for the evening would certainly be wonderful, but not necessary (though I do think it has beneficial effects on the corals).

serecheneric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being 30" long it's going to be tough to meet your wish list of ramping as well as full coverage for $150. Nothing in your current stocking list needs crazy lighting so me personally would just go for tried and true t5's. Or save up a little more and get a couple used ai primes, you could always start with 1 fixture and when funds come around get another.

Back