In quarantine hepatus no longer floats

BJhones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyyy guys! Its my first time here... :):)

I've had a hepatus in quarantine for 15 days, it was already mine, got iction, spent 10 days on copper and then 5 days on prazipro.
He always ate well and is chubby. he hasn't eaten for 3 days and barely moves. When it moves, it's as if it's lying on the ground, unable to float.
Two days ago I did a 50% water change and checked the parameters. The quarantine is 70L and has 2 clowns super good in it. Any idea what might have happened? Thank youuu <3

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyyy guys! Its my first time here... :):)

I've had a hepatus in quarantine for 15 days, it was already mine, got iction, spent 10 days on copper and then 5 days on prazipro.
He always ate well and is chubby. he hasn't eaten for 3 days and barely moves. When it moves, it's as if it's lying on the ground, unable to float.
Two days ago I did a 50% water change and checked the parameters. The quarantine is 70L and has 2 clowns super good in it. Any idea what might have happened? Thank youuu <3

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

What is the actual ammonia reading for the tank?
What food was it eating?
Did you remove the copper and then dose the prazipro?

Jay

OP
OP
BJhones

BJhones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyy Jay! Tyyy <3

Yap, nothing about amonia, copper or prazipro. Nothing about No2 and No3 too.
Was eating Tropical Flakes. Im Thinking now is about stress, but today is the fourth day without eating =/

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyy Jay! Tyyy <3

Yap, nothing about amonia, copper or prazipro. Nothing about No2 and No3 too.
Was eating Tropical Flakes. Im Thinking now is about stress, but today is the fourth day without eating =/
Well, if you can’t identify some stress causing the fish not to eat, you should try different foods, especially frozen foods like mysids or even brine shrimp.
Jay

OP
OP
BJhones

BJhones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried it, but she dont care about food.. dont leave the corner for nothing

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What frozen foods have you tried?

You need to throw in some Brine, Mysis, Krill, Nori sheet etc........... Not just one type of food. Not at the same time, but a variety offering over time.

She doesnt look like shes struggling with a physical issue in that video to me - She just looks severely stressed, but then the turkey baster probably caused that. Has she got plenty of places to hide inside? Id put a towel around the sides of the tank so she cannot see out and give it a day or two to see if it relaxes her. Theres probably missing context, but she just looks severely stressed in her environment to me.

OP
OP
BJhones

BJhones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay, I was waiting to see if it was stress... She was in quarantine, then went to a box with the corals (my old aquarium cracked, long story) and she is hidden from the light at all times. Now I put her in the definitive aquarium and I was able to observe more closely, I noticed these black spots.

she hasn't eaten for 6 days, she's breathing very slowly, I have no idea what it could be. She's not even interested in any feed or frozen food.

4b767bbc-7d51-44b5-a1ed-ca3de0c4be24.jpg
5af645fe-7dcb-4315-aa29-39ae82d86b22.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tangs develop different skin parasites that can cause black spots. However, those are too few in number to be causing the fish not to eat.
It might be the camera angle, but it looks very thin. I’m not sure what to tell you, there is a technique for force feeding fish. I just posted an article about that here.
Jay

OP
OP
BJhones

BJhones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now she's thin, she hasn't eaten anything for 6 days, she just lays on the side under the rocks all day and all night =(
I was treated with copper and prazipro before she developed this, now I feel like I don't have much to do to help.
I've never seen anything like it before.
Anyway thanks so much Jay!

Back