In reefing what area do you excel in and struggle in?

Is there an area of reefing you EXCEL in?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 87 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 34.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 37 19.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In reefing and life some people are good at many different things but not everyone is good at everything! What I may be good at doing may not be an area in which another hobbyist excels in and vise versa. So with that in mind I would like to hear from you by answering the following!

1. What are do you think you excel in when it comes to reefing? DON'T SAY GROWING ALGAE! :p

2. What area of reefing do you struggle with the most?

image via @Reefer350Lighting
IMG_0246.JPG

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I excel at starting feeling into my tank, and getting lost looking at it.

I struggle, at patience and monitoring some values.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years I've become very proficient at collecting aquatic animals and getting them home to my tank safe and sound.

I also think I'm pretty knowledgeable about led fixtures and there use over reef tanks.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm good with LPS corals. Especially favia.
I'm also good at keeping more difficult fish.

I struggle chasing outbreaks of algae and cyano. Its a back and forth battle, nutrient related no doubt.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What are do you think you excel in when it comes to reefing? DON'T SAY GROWING ALGAE! :p

fabricated aquascapes. breaking "the rules"

2. What area of reefing do you struggle with the most?

spending.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I excel at Apex programming and automation as demonstrated in my series of Apex tutorials here on R2R:

But I struggle with identifying the cause of my recent tank crash which killed about 75% of my corals. All my parameters are within acceptable range and multiple ICP tests did not reveal anything out of the ordinary. The only thing I suspect is higher than normal PO4 and NO3, but they were not as high as those of many other successful reefers, so it’s still a mystery to me.

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I excel in spending money I don’t have, I struggle by spending hours everyday on the for sale forum.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty good at setting up picos and creating my traveling tanks. I have some really cool outreach programs and love talking reefs. I am good with new reef keepers, at least I enjoy working with them.

Keeping a budget. Soemthing always comes up and I cannot resist. Also testing. Have not done in years. Just ordered new testing materials and this will be the first testing in probably 5+ years.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could rave on and on about care of all sorts of animals and what I’d need to take care of them. Just as a kid don’t have the budget to bring my dreams to fruition lol.
Same here. 15, i had to get a job just to be able to support this hobby lol. And to buy corals... :)

Back