In the beginning .........to my 90G RR

Corals Mania

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!! My name is Johnny and very excited to be a part of this great hobby!Firstly, I heard about club-zoa, now REEF2REEF from a member kigs who is a member here and a great guy.

OK, its been about almost 2 year since I acquired my first saltwater tank a 40L non-RR w/ a acrylic wet-n-dry w/ bio-balls. I bought a complete setup that was currently running from a military police at West Point. Funny thing, when I think about it! I had spoken to my wife about buying a saltwater aquarium. Her replied was, "why not freshwater"!

Many years ago, when I was a kid at home we had the freshwater, and after looking at a saltwater aquarium, I knew that I wanted a saltwater aquarium. Anyway, my wife and I went to Westpoint, we look at the setup and Nemo was there, the Sand and Live Rock and one star polyps. We started to empty the tank and put the water, rocks and live stock in large storage containers. Was not easy! This took awhile to get all of this in our 2005 Honda CRV, stand lights and tank.

So we are driving down the road back to the Bronx near Pelham Bay Pkwy close to the Botanical Garden. My wife turns to me and said, OK...now that was not easy. So, when we get home how are we going to get this out of the truck and up-stair. I replied, babe..no problem. I got it under control! Sure, I was thinking about the same thing, but hoping that I would find this young kid in maintenance to have a hand truck that would lend me a helping hand if I grease his palm with some money, we can do it!

Sure enough, I was super lucky, the kid was there, helped me just to get it up stair in our apartment and the rest was up to me. By Midnight I had the tank and running. Because I was on a mission and the misson was completed.
I had alot to learn, about satwater & maintenance so we search the web. We been to a few LFS ask question and of course by some more fish! Yellow Tang and a Blue Hippo!! I know crazy! OK, adding water in the wet-n-dry! evaporation instaed of adding RO/DI water. I had add water from the faucet put a few drops of water conditioner and the salt and replenish the
Wet-n-Dry with saltwater....I know your laughing!!

So, I had joined another forum before this one. Asking alot of question and realized I was doing alot of things wrong. Before, I started to make correction, I went to my first member home to buy some pulsing Xenias. His tank was 65G and he had so many beautiful corals. The setup, lights, pumps, sump, doser. I saw all types of equipment he had attach to run his system.

We leave, I look at my wife and she knew what I was thinking an upgrade! The upgrade was a 75G RR with all the bells and whistle..... To be continue...

40gal2.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R bro!! Tank is looking good!

tunicata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
woot woot!
The gang's all here!

I've never seen your set up, so I'll wait for this thread to be continued.
:)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back