In the Market for Very blue corals!

frederickboucher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others mentioned, Heart of the Ocean from @Peng is probably the bluest. However, Oregon Tort , UC Acropora Vermiculata , Acropora Hoeksemi , Palmers Blue milli and ofcourse my favorite - true Sapphire millepora. If you ever have seen a true sapphire mille, the shade of blue is something to yearn for . Am still looking for one and willing to trade even costly designer pieces like RMF Acid Trip Milli or even Oregon Tort for it .

Regards,
Abhishek

This thread is not as useful without pictures!!! No I have to google everything.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I picked up a "Jason Fox Barney" over the weekend that's a truly vibrant blue-violet color, with redder polyps. Photo is of mine, but low-quality photo of a new frag. There are far better pix out there . . .

20171016_131204.jpg

~Bruce

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Oregon tort by far the nicest and most deep blue, blue matrix, and blue efflo.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others mentioned, Heart of the Ocean from @Peng is probably the bluest. However, Oregon Tort , UC Acropora Vermiculata , Acropora Hoeksemi , Palmers Blue milli and ofcourse my favorite - true Sapphire millepora. If you ever have seen a true sapphire mille, the shade of blue is something to yearn for . Am still looking for one and willing to trade even costly designer pieces like RMF Acid Trip Milli or even Oregon Tort for it .

Regards,
Abhishek

Regards,
Abhishek
This is a fine example of true sapphire Mille.If you ever in LA let me know. I will cut you a frag.

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about time someone posted the blue matrix! I agree with most on here, Oregon tort is one of the most all-through blue corals. I have a coral called Vivds Cold Fusion that is a beautiful baby blue color and has kept it over the past 4 months.

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the pics that I've seen so far HOTO seems to be the bluest thing out there, but I've never seen it in person. I'll have to admire others who have that piece instead and stick to my oldies. Here's how a couple of the pieces mentioned above look like in my tank. My macro setup picks up a lot of details so the colors are more spread out.

Tyree blue matrix. Exposed portion not blocked by the piece above it.
tyree_blue_matrix_101917.jpg

Oregon tort
oregon_torts_101917.jpg

Another oldie that's blue that hasn't been mentioned. Becker tort.
becker_tort_101917.jpg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oregon blue tort the deepest most vibrant blue
IMAG1980.jpg

Blue matrix a shiny blue but the polyps tale away from the blue

IMAG1957.jpg

I've fire echinata a different kind of angelic blue :)

IMAG1998.jpg

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back