In what order should I add livestock?

dahon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

First post on here!

I'd like some suggestions on the order I should add livestock or any suggestions in general. I am currently in the planning stage of my 6 ft long, 150 gallon FOWLR. I will DIY a 55 gallon Aqueon aquarium as the sump, unsure of total volume for sump so far.

I currently have a 75 gallon FOWLR that has only a few fish (2x clown fish, 1x yellowtail black blenny, 1x sleeper banded goby) that's been running for 3 months. I only have a few fish in this 75 gallon because I immediately began planning my upgrade to a 150 gallon :)

My plan: cycle the 150 gallon DT, move my current livestock from the 75 gallon to the 150 gallon, and then use the 75 gallon as a QT tank.

What I would like to add to this 150 gallon in addition to current livestock:

1) Tangs - 1x blue hippo, 1x powder blue, 1x scopas
2) 1x porcupine puffer
3) Triggerfish - 1x humu picasso, 1x niger

From what I've read so far, I should add least aggressive to most aggressive.

So I was thinking of buying the three tangs that I mentioned, QT them all together, then add to DT. Then run the QT fallow for a while to prevent disease spreading to the next addition (and to save money for next addition).

Next, buy the porcupine puffer and QT and then add to DT. Run the QT fallow after moving the porcupine puffer. Finally, buy the triggerfish that I mentioned and QT them together and put in the DT.

My plan doesn't include exact timeframes, but I know QT and fallow periods are months long processes, and I'm okay with that.

Any critiques or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First - Welcome to R2R!

Second - I’ve also added 3 different tangs at the same time and it worked out very well (Sohal, Orange Shoulder, & Sailfin). Best if you can get them approximately same size. They have peacefully coexisted together for the last year.

79F90E3F-81AD-4312-B5FB-328D6A7434C1.gif

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back