In what part of the world is the Marine hobby or Reefing hobby most popular?

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to find out what part of the world the Marine aquarium/Marine fishkeeping hobby is most popular but I couldn't really find anything definitive.
My guess would be the USA, or Australia but it's only a guess. I was just wondering what countries are most developed into the hobby, I would like to see all the innovate tech and tools companies have developed and who takes the cake for being the most advanced in the reefing hobby of all.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to find out what part of the world the Marine aquarium/Marine fishkeeping hobby is most popular but I couldn't really find anything definitive.
My guess would be the USA, or Australia but it's only a guess. I was just wondering what countries are most developed into the hobby, I would like to see all the innovate tech and tools companies have developed and who takes the cake for being the most advanced in the reefing hobby of all.
USA, Vietnam, and Indonesia would be my guesses.

It's not very popular in Australia. Or not that popular anyways.

OP
OP
reefsaver

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just associate Australia with the Great Barrier Reef and assume they would have a plethora of knowledge, experience and science based data and tech to do with Reefing, and I pretty much only use Hanna testing instruments which comes from there. But interesting to know the hobby is popular in Vietnam and Indonesia.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect it would be a place not near the worlds natural reefs, yet have the means to import such goods. Definitely not Australia, or any of the South Pacific countries

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say mostly the US just based on the fact you have several events dedicated to reef keeping while there are barely any in Europe and that products are more often available ealier in the US than in Europe. Also looking at coral prices over here you guys have much more choice and they're usually way cheaper than in Europe. No clue about Asia though.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back