In your experience, what is the best coral food for growth?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used reef roids and now testing reef chili, I feel they both do a good job, but the reef roids would leave my water cloudy until the pumps come back on. My frags seemed to love reef roids though as they would blow up trying to suck it in, lol. So far I would say reef chili leaves my tank cleaner. I also use KZ aminos for LPS and now getting some regular aminos for sps. Frags seem to loved that stuff also as they are starting to grow at a crazy rate.

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use red sea ab and love the product. corals seem to love it to. i dose 10 ml of each a&b every night

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what your trying to feed. Reef chilli is good for sps, it performed well in a study feeding montis, but lps will do better with larger pellets.

Baby brine shrimp is the overall lowest cost, fastest growing food for sps I have seen and has a lot of promise for aquaculture but for hobby they are some work.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen Reef chili work wonders on zoa colonies and acans. My sps, well, I need to get some nitrates under control but I can see feeding response from oyster feast.

Reef Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Reef Roids and Coral Frenzy in the past -- loved em but they did come with the side effect of dirty-ing up the water. Have been hearing great things about BeneReef products .. going to give them a shot soon!

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Roids and Reef Chili are your best bet. They have no negative impact to coral growth. Where some actually do, fact. Watch a video called BRSTV Feeding Corals. At 6 minutes in you will see what I mean. I have 2 zoa colonies that went from 4&7 to 200+ polyps each in 1year and 7 months. Broadcast feed just a little bit. 2x a week with the pumps on. True Actinic T5 is also another great way to feed corals with a nanometer of 430. It's like the sweet spot for help producing Chlorophyll A&B. I use Reef Roids and Actinic.

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me stupid but I have heard of people getting a bird and having their cage above the tank so their waste drops directly in. Not sure on the results...also people buying birdy poop to dose in the tank

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me stupid but I have heard of people getting a bird and having their cage above the tank so their waste drops directly in. Not sure on the results...also people buying birdy poop to dose in the tank

The human dangers of this system would stop me from ever investigating its use for a reef.

There are a a lot of zoonotic viruses that have been shown to infect humans. Having bird feces just drop into a tank, or buying bird feces just seems to be lacking certain safety protocols imo.

To the original post.
I use reef chili, recently added red sea a and b to my dosing regiment as well.

onevarez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I was looking for something like this. I recently got some frags and wanted to help them grow. So the consensus I got was either Reef Roids or Reef chilli.

Is it ok to add more than two of these at a time or is it overkill?

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I was looking for something like this. I recently got some frags and wanted to help them grow. So the consensus I got was either Reef Roids or Reef chilli.

Is it ok to add more than two of these at a time or is it overkill?
One or the other is enough. You won't need both. Definitely do not use bird poop! Haha
You definitely didn't take the time to watch the video. So here it is.

Back