In your opinions, what is the best ammonia tester?

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I finally broke down and bought some Hanna Testers saturday, Black friday sale stuff, and Hanna only has a fresh water ammonia tester. SO, what is the best ammonia tester out there?

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically once you use it for your initially cycle it basically sits around until it’s expired. Unless you’re doing a lot of QT, setting up small tanks, etc.

Get the cheapest. I’ve come to start using seachem ammonia badges whenever I need, which are easier and cheaper than a full kit.

OP
OP
BanZI29

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically once you use it for your initially cycle it basically sits around until it’s expired. Unless you’re doing a lot of QT, setting up small tanks, etc.

Get the cheapest. I’ve come to start using seachem ammonia badges whenever I need, which are easier and cheaper than a full kit.
Currently I am using API test. I am moving beyond those. I just wanna keep an eye on ammonia because of the ammonia spike I recently had.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seneye nh3.

that one brand alone has taken old cycling rules and literally booted them out the window.

none of the things we were told cycles did are being shown on seneye, they're shown on the other guess kits. that being said, I'll never own an ammonia kit as long as I reef, even for a new tank. not needed, ammonia is 100% predictable in all stages of reefing without a kit, cycling charts show.

but to use other's seneye data to make points on line about cycling/live for it lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back