Increasing dosage but alk remaining at 7.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
K

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your mad but you didn’t follow the triton method properly and then you are blaming triton for it

If it is a young tank maybe going to WC’s is a good idea but triton does work the next time you get the elements I would recommend leaving them be not watering them down

If it was me I would do a big water change after the water change check your alk shut off the doser for a day and measure your alk the same time the next day or possibly two this way you will have an idea of what your daily consumption is then slowly ramp up your dosing to meet the demand
I never blamed Triton for any of my problems, not sure why you are accusing me of doing so. All I asked was for help from those that have been successful with this program.
Matter of fact, on my other 140g tank, which has been setup for over an year, I am running non-diluted triton method, things seem to be going fine over there. It simply didn't work for my newer tank, maybe because it's new, maybe because I've diluted the solutions or maybe both, who knows?!

I'm thinking on following the red sea program on this tank so I can compare both tanks in my home and see which method works best for me. I have a fish room with a decent water station, so the WC's are not a huge concern.

To conclude, thank you for your input, a bit sidetracked but still worth it, after all, you took your time to write this to me.

Have a great day!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never blamed Triton for any of my problems, not sure why you are accusing me of doing so. All I asked was for help from those that have been successful with this program.
Matter of fact, on my other 140g tank, which has been setup for over an year, I am running non-diluted triton method, things seem to be going fine over there. It simply didn't work for my newer tank, maybe because it's new, maybe because I've diluted the solutions or maybe both, who knows?!

I'm thinking on following the red sea program on this tank so I can compare both tanks in my home and see which method works best for me. I have a fish room with a decent water station, so the WC's are not a huge concern.

To conclude, thank you for your input, a bit sidetracked but still worth it, after all, you took your time to write this to me.

Have a great day!
U took my post the wrong way and I’m sorry for that was not trying to accuse u of anything u said u were done with triton and going back to WC’s in my mind that’s blaming triton for the losses

I hope whatever u choose to do turns the tank around

OP
OP
K

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U took my post the wrong way and I’m sorry for that was not trying to accuse u of anything u said u were done with triton and going back to WC’s in my mind that’s blaming triton for the losses

I hope whatever u choose to do turns the tank around
It's all good buddy, that's the problem with texted messages, we can't see feelings hehehe. Hopefully things will get better...

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something upset the corals, and they slowed their uptake of kH. Did you decrease the dosage when the kH started to raise? It can be a fine balance to get the tank stable with changing dosages and takes time for the oscillation to flatten out and stabilise.

It sounds to me like you got into a bit of an oscillation somehow, but were slightly out of phase with it and the tank wasn’t stable so stopped growing.

(It would be interesting to see the difference between the Red Sea and the Triton. Personally I’m a Triton fan)

OP
OP
K

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something upset the corals, and they slowed their uptake of kH. Did you decrease the dosage when the kH started to raise? It can be a fine balance to get the tank stable with changing dosages and takes time for the oscillation to flatten out and stabilise.

It sounds to me like you got into a bit of an oscillation somehow, but were slightly out of phase with it and the tank wasn’t stable so stopped growing.

(It would be interesting to see the difference between the Red Sea and the Triton. Personally I’m a Triton fan)
I started the Red Sea Reef Care Program last night. Will be reporting soon. I have one 4x2x2 120g running on triton with a 40g refugium and a 125g 6" running on Red Sea.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back