DweltAlloy033

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello, I bought a Yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp, and they paired up right away. Then, after a few weeks, the pistol shrimp died.

My yellow watchman goby was looking for another pistol shrimp to pair with, when it spotted my diamond goby, on the other side of the tank.

My diamond goby has a burrow that he is always working on, like a pistol shrimp would do. Soon i noticed my watchman goby in his cave, the diamond goby did not seem to mind. I thought they would fight, but they paired up.

From then on, the yellow watchman goby is always touching the diamond goby with its tail, and the diamond goby is always digging a burrow for them both to live in. They both sleep together which is pretty cool.

The reason i wrote this post is because I had my diamond goby almost kill my yellow watchman goby before, and it is incredible now that they are best buddies lol.

Ill post a video shortly

Frightmares Live Event
Frightmares Live Event

Little c big D

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Little c big D do you know how to send a file over 25mb from a phone to a computer? I dont know how, i tried through gmail but it wont send it if it's over 25mb
Im of no help lol. But I love the symbiotic relationship they formed!

ying yang

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for sharing this.find it fascinating that you probably not got anything in tank that will kill either of these yet they still working together like instincts tell them to ( yeah sure in nature probably not these 2 species) but guess any symbiotic relationship had to start sonewhere.
Nature is brilliant i love it lol

Fritz
OP
DweltAlloy033

DweltAlloy033

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That's pretty awesome. I wonder how long it'll last?
technically still paired up, I got a pistol shrimp, and my YWG switches partners. For a few hours hes with the diamond goby, a few other hours hes with the shrimp. Its crazy

OP
DweltAlloy033

DweltAlloy033

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That is very nice to see! I am really hoping you are enjoying your aquarium :)
I am, it is a lot of fun. I am just worried that some of my corals arent opening... I lowered my flow from 90% to 60% so ill see if that helps. Its strange though, because my xenia and ricordea are thriving, the xenia is always pulsing, and the ricordea expanded itself to become huge! Any idea what could be causing it not to open? My leather seems ok, but hasnt opened...

BRS

How far away from a saltwater fish store do you live?

• 0 - 5 miles

Votes: 118 29.4%
  • 6 - 25 miles

Votes: 153 38.2%
  • 26 - 50 miles

Votes: 63 15.7%
  • 51 - 100 miles

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • 101 - 150 miles

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • 151 - 250 miles

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 250 miles+

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • 500 miles+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1000 miles+ (you better post in the thread)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 2500+ miles (where the heck are you)

Votes: 4 1.0%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer