Incredible - Watchman and diamond goby pair

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought a Yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp, and they paired up right away. Then, after a few weeks, the pistol shrimp died.

My yellow watchman goby was looking for another pistol shrimp to pair with, when it spotted my diamond goby, on the other side of the tank.

My diamond goby has a burrow that he is always working on, like a pistol shrimp would do. Soon i noticed my watchman goby in his cave, the diamond goby did not seem to mind. I thought they would fight, but they paired up.

From then on, the yellow watchman goby is always touching the diamond goby with its tail, and the diamond goby is always digging a burrow for them both to live in. They both sleep together which is pretty cool.

The reason i wrote this post is because I had my diamond goby almost kill my yellow watchman goby before, and it is incredible now that they are best buddies lol.

Ill post a video shortly

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing this.find it fascinating that you probably not got anything in tank that will kill either of these yet they still working together like instincts tell them to ( yeah sure in nature probably not these 2 species) but guess any symbiotic relationship had to start sonewhere.
Nature is brilliant i love it lol

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty awesome. I wonder how long it'll last?

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very nice to see! I am really hoping you are enjoying your aquarium :)
I am, it is a lot of fun. I am just worried that some of my corals arent opening... I lowered my flow from 90% to 60% so ill see if that helps. Its strange though, because my xenia and ricordea are thriving, the xenia is always pulsing, and the ricordea expanded itself to become huge! Any idea what could be causing it not to open? My leather seems ok, but hasnt opened...

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check that your nitrates and phosphates aren't too low. Unlikely to be low nutrients with those soft corals happy, but worth a look.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought a Yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp, and they paired up right away. Then, after a few weeks, the pistol shrimp died.

My yellow watchman goby was looking for another pistol shrimp to pair with, when it spotted my diamond goby, on the other side of the tank.

My diamond goby has a burrow that he is always working on, like a pistol shrimp would do. Soon i noticed my watchman goby in his cave, the diamond goby did not seem to mind. I thought they would fight, but they paired up.

From then on, the yellow watchman goby is always touching the diamond goby with its tail, and the diamond goby is always digging a burrow for them both to live in. They both sleep together which is pretty cool.

The reason i wrote this post is because I had my diamond goby almost kill my yellow watchman goby before, and it is incredible now that they are best buddies lol.

Ill post a video shortly
When apart they are territorial, but without a pistol they'll team up, and maybe even become a 3 some with another pistol

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond goby died today. He jumped straight out of the tank and into a different room. Found him under a pillow in the living room. I don't understand why/how he jumped, he was a healthy guy and he paired up with 2 of his tankmates. (Yellow watchman goby and Tomini tang). Only other tank mates are 2 clowns, and 2 PJ cardinals who he doesnt mess with whatsoever.

Back